Views
Helpful
Replies

General Mailbox

aamercado
Level 4
Level 4

Hi

Callflow for AudioText on UM 4.0. End-User has 2-line phone with primary ext and 2nd ext.

1. Customer calls 800 number.

2. Call goes to user's #A 2nd Line at ext 1111

3. if User #A is not available, it will go to User's #B 2nd line at ext 2222

4. if User #B is not available, call hits Unity Callhandler which will go to General Mailbox PDL.

If the customer leaves a message, both user A/B will receive a message on their personal mailbox which is line 1.

How do I set up where MWI should appear on Line 2 of the phone as oppose to primary line?

Thanks

3 Replies 3

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

MWI extensions are setup on the subscriber and are not message-source dependant. So you can have up to 10 MWI targets on a subscriber but ALL voice mail messages for that subscriber are going to trigger MWI ons for all of the MWI extensions you enter for them. there's no way to have messages trigger specific MWI extensions based on the source of the message.

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi -

I can answer for CallManager integration. The default Message Waiting Lamp policy is to set the lamp for the primary extension and display the envelope next to the user's primary DN. This setting is coded on the DN configuration page. Go to each user's phone DN configuration page and set the second DN to be "Light and Prompt" instead of System Policy. One caveat though, if you set the Lamp off on the primary DN, voicemail messages intended for each employee will not get the lamp. Here is a way I believe this could work, create a shared mailbox and voicemail enable with extension 1111 and alternate extension 2222. Add this user to each of the other's Outlook view. Voicemail going to the shared mailbox will trigger MWI for extensions 1111 and 2222. Plus, there is only one copy of the message. If user A handles the message and deletes, user B sees the message has been deleted. This is how we handle these type of situations in our environment.

Ginger

But I think you could set the general number mailbox as a callhandler to take a message then route it a public distro group. The voicemail light can be triggered on everyone's phone that wants it, it just has to be an apperance next to the button.

So on a 7960 phone, we have the primary users VM light up and a message envelope show up for the share line vm box. We simply Line Text next the button "Group VM" or whatever it matches too. Do a shared line and voila... envlope for general mailbox.