cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Greeting files in Stream Folder? References?

justin.cohen
Level 1
Level 1

On the greeting files in the StreamFiles directory there are greetings with this ID number on the back, does anyone know where those ID's are stored? In eXchange? in SQL? I've looked around but can't find it.

3 Replies 3

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I got all kinds of documentation on this on www.CiscoUnityTools.com - including code samples that show how to pull this info and the like.

The WAV file name (not just that ID - it's just a random number generated when the greeting is updated to ensure it's unqiue) is stored in the StreamPath column on the MessagingRule table.

The MessagingRule table is associated via the ParentObjectID to a call handler which is, in turn, associated with the subscriber if that greeting is tied to a subscriber and not just a call handler.

Of course there's always the other end of this - what are you trying to do? I'm assuming you're wanting to fetch greetings out of one box and slam them into another without having users go through first time enrollement because using DiRt isn't an option (DB in bad shape?)... Just a guess ;->

You may want to check out the Subscriber Information Dump tool out on www.CiscoUnityTools.com - it will spit out the voice name, standard and alternate greetings for you if you want and it'll name them very logically and cleanly - might be a little easier to deal with for what you want to do.

Just be careful and check out the programatic updating of Unity docs I have on my site - when updating voice names (which I assume you'll want to do) involves pushing that info into AD which requires some special steps.

Thanks for your assistant Jeff.

Bottom line is i've achevied everything i've tried. That information will be provided to your team (But not on the forum here, too dangerous)

If you make one mistake with the SQL statements, you will really screw up your subscriber and MessagingRule tables.

Yeah, no doubt you can damage your DB if you're not careful. This is why all my docs stress making backups before starting and using stored procs to make updates since they help keep you on the rails...