Replies

Have a SIngle DN ring 2 DNs

Matthew Martin
Level 5
Level 5

Hello All,

CUCM: 10.5(2)

IP Phones: 7941G

Basically, I was asked if its possible for someone to call one extension, that would ring that extension as well as one other extension.

For Example:

Phone #1: John Doe - Ext 2001

Phone #2: Conf Room - Ext 2002

So what they want is when someone calls the extension 2001, they would like to have that 2001 DN to ring as well as DN 2002. I didn't want to use a Hunt Group, because I believe the Pilot needs to be unique, so we wouldn't be able use 2001 as the Pilot number.

So is there any way to accomplish this?

Thanks in Advance,

Matt

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi WIll, thanks for the reply.!

The only problem with that is there would need to be a new DN created for the Hunt Pilot, that would need to be called to reach both extensions. The goal was to call the User's main extension, and have it ring his Main extension and an extension on another phone.

But, I just had an idea, and I think this might work. I tested with my phone and one other phone and it seemed to work.

I created the Hunt Pilot, Hunt Group and Line Group, which contained my Ext and another extension on another phone. I set my Extension to CFwdAll to the Hunt Pilot. Then, if I call my extension, it now rings to both phones. For this, the user would just need to remember to leave his extension set to CFwdAll to the Hunt Pilot.

-Matt

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Use shared lines, or pickup groups.

You could create another 2001 DN in a different partition that everyone would reach, instead of the phone to use line groups. You'd need to adjust your CSS/partitions to make that happen.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi Jaime, thanks for the reply.

It sounds a little more complicated then expected... It was a request from another user in the system, and I'm not really willing to start changing CSS/Partitions for something like this. Thought there might be a simple way to have his current extension ring a second, already existing extension, at the same time. But, it doesn't sound like there is an easy way to accomplish this..

Thanks for the reply, much appreciated!

-Matt

WillF
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Matt,

You could put both these extensions into the same Line Group and set the Distribution Algorithm to Broadcast. 

There would be a slight delay until the other extension rings but it should work.

Thanks

Hi WIll, thanks for the reply.!

The only problem with that is there would need to be a new DN created for the Hunt Pilot, that would need to be called to reach both extensions. The goal was to call the User's main extension, and have it ring his Main extension and an extension on another phone.

But, I just had an idea, and I think this might work. I tested with my phone and one other phone and it seemed to work.

I created the Hunt Pilot, Hunt Group and Line Group, which contained my Ext and another extension on another phone. I set my Extension to CFwdAll to the Hunt Pilot. Then, if I call my extension, it now rings to both phones. For this, the user would just need to remember to leave his extension set to CFwdAll to the Hunt Pilot.

-Matt