Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Help to locate the Call Manager 8.0 installer

Hi,

I am following the below steps in installing cisco call mnager 8.0.

Step 1 In vSphere Client, edit the VM to force entry into BIOS setup the next time the VM reboots.

Step 2 Make the Cisco Unified Communications Manager installation media available to the VM DVD-ROM drive.

Step 3 Power on the VM, then in BIOS setup, promote CD ROM to boot before the hard drive.

Step 4 Complete booting the VM.

I the above mentioned step 2, I am confused with  "Cisco Unified Communication Manager Installation Media" word, as I have located more list of the applications from  the cisco site. Please help me in locating the correct option to be considerd as Cisco Call manager Installation media.

Intercompany Media Software
Unified Communications Manager / Cisco Unity Connection Time Zone Updates
Unified Communications Manager / Cisco Unity Connection Updates
Unified Communications Manager Recovery Software
Unified Communications Manager Virtual Machine Templates
Unified Communications Manager/CallManager Device Packages
Unified Communications Manager/CallManager Locale Installer
Voice Log Translator (VLT) Software

Thanks and Regards,

Radhakrishna

1 Reply 1

dakeller
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Radhakrishna,

You must have a bootable image for the install procedure steps to work.  That means you will need either physical media -or- a UCOSInstall_<version>.iso.  The ISO images on CCO are not bootable.  Cisco cannot provide bootbale images to customer for download because of licensing reasons.  Once your CUCM is installed in VM, the you can use any CCO CUCM ISO to upgrade (that is fine).

To speed up the process, sometimes customers will create a bootable ISO image from their physical media to make the mapping of the virtual CD easier.

Thanks,

Dan Keller

Technical Marketing Engineer

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: