cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Help troubleshooting Video Advantage finding the phone

Karl Jacobsen
Level 1
Level 1

I've had a reoccuring problem with CUVA not seeing a physical phone that is connected to the computer. Our computers are running either Windows XP or Windows 7. I've used the diagnostics window and typically nothing shows in either the CDP Messages window or the CAST Messages window. I've tried changing the ethernet cable between the phone and the computer. I've also tried disabling the computer's firewall. Restarting the program or the computer doesn't seem to help. Am I missing anything? What other troubleshooting can I do?

2 Replies 2

Craig Cooper
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Are they 64-bit OS?   If so, I'd recommend contacting Cisco TAC to see whether or not they might be able to supply you with the very latest Engineering Special version (not necessarily the one on Cisco.com).

Kind regards,

Craig

No, 32bit OS. The end user played with it for a while and it started working. There just isn't a good troubleshooting procedure for this.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: