cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How do I make a new DID range of numbers work?

smashson
Level 1
Level 1

I've just been tasked with adding newly acquired numbers to our phone system.  I have very little to no experience with CUCM and need as much help as I can get.  I know you will need more information so please let me know and I will provide it.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

36 Replies 36

I believe I only tried it on two other GWs. I tested from my cell to one of the numbers in question and then from my cell to my personal extension. Only the call to my personal extension showed in the debug. I guess I need to try all the GWs.

So I was told by my coworker, who has been in contact with the telco, that the numbers have been added to the GW that I first ran the debug on.  Would I still see the calls in the debug if I didn't have the translation pattern correct?  I've added the 551256.25XX translation pattern to the same CSS as the GW, but considering it's not working it's safe to say that I'm not doing it correctly.  I know it must be difficult trying to help such a beginner. 

Yes, the calls arrive to GW first, so you would see the call there with reason "unallocated number" for disconnect. 

So far I've had no luck finding the number in the debug on the GWs I can access. If it's not showing in the GW is there anything else that I can try or is this a telco issue?

I have been running DNA and it looks like my TP is routing the call correctly, but I still don't see the call when I run debug isdn q931 on the GW. If you could provide any additional help I would be very grateful.

You need to contact your service provider and have them look on their side and provide circuit ID these calls are supposed to arrive on and you can then cross reference it against which circuit ID is at which location and perform the debug on your side. You can ask them for troubleshooting sessions together.  

If the call is not shows in debug, yet other calls are then it simple does not make it to that GW and the issue is beyond your system on telco side.  DNA only evaluates routing from CUCM perspective, but the call never makes it there.

Please don't forget to rate all useful posts!

Chris

Ok I'll definitely do that. Thanks for all your help and I'll make sure to rate your posts.