Helpful
Replies

How do I re-instal CUE on a UC520?

Kevin Decato
Level 1
Level 1

I am getting a looping re-boot on the CUE

console with a annoucement of a "kernal panic"

I found a Cisco doc explaining using the "helper" function to ftp and tftp latest 8.0 files onto the CUE and eboot, however I get another error now saying it can't mount the F/S (filesystem?)

Do I need to reformat the flash disk or something?

Thanks

Kevin

2 Replies 2

Matthew Kaufman
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Here you will findthe CUE 7.0.x Install and Upgrade Guide - http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity_exp/rel7_0/install/over​.html

...however I would recommend opening a TAC case.  The engineer can assist you and in the event this is a HW issue they can assist with that as well.

You should be able to convert this forum post to a TAC SR by clicking the link at the righthand side and filling in the appropriate information.

--Matt

Don't format the CUE's compact flash!  If the steps for upgrading from the boot helper and doing a clean install still fail, the linux FS is beyond repair and you'll need to get TAC to RMA the device to get back to a working state.  Since the UC520 is a fixed form factor, you need to RMA the entire device.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: