cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How integrate two CUP server with different domain ?..

hi dear friends,

We have two branches that are completely separate from each other and have their own servers and domains,

branch A has its own CUCM+CUP servers with domain >> ba.itco.com

and branch B has its own CUCM+CUP servers with domain >> bb.drtm.net

How can we connect this two different CUP servers which has two different domains, so that users can send instant messages to each other? and see presence of each other ?..

is it possible to connect two CUP servers directly together?..

..if this (helps) or (answered your question), please click (Helpful) or (Accept as Solution)..
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Are the two IM&P clusters able to reach one another on the internal LAN/WAN?

If yes, change the IM Addressing Scheme to Directory URI and then configure Intercluster Peering. The clusters will act as one logical system, transparent to end users while treating both domains as internal (eg temporary presence subscriptions in search results, auto-approval of contact adds, etc). Two callouts here:

• Look for and fix End User accounts that have no Directory URI before changing the address scheme. This may impact which LDAP attribute you select as the Directory URI, eg if some folks don’t have email mailboxes.
  • I recommend using an LDAP Filter on the CUCM DirSync to ensure only the URI domains you expect get pulled into CUCM and used as Directory URIs. Every new domain triggers an alarm on IM&P to regenerate the certificates to include the additional domain.

If not, and the public internet is your only option, you will need to use XMPP Inter-domain Federation, either directly through the firewall to IM&P or via Expressway. I strongly recommend the latter.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Are the two IM&P clusters able to reach one another on the internal LAN/WAN?

If yes, change the IM Addressing Scheme to Directory URI and then configure Intercluster Peering. The clusters will act as one logical system, transparent to end users while treating both domains as internal (eg temporary presence subscriptions in search results, auto-approval of contact adds, etc). Two callouts here:

• Look for and fix End User accounts that have no Directory URI before changing the address scheme. This may impact which LDAP attribute you select as the Directory URI, eg if some folks don’t have email mailboxes.
  • I recommend using an LDAP Filter on the CUCM DirSync to ensure only the URI domains you expect get pulled into CUCM and used as Directory URIs. Every new domain triggers an alarm on IM&P to regenerate the certificates to include the additional domain.

If not, and the public internet is your only option, you will need to use XMPP Inter-domain Federation, either directly through the firewall to IM&P or via Expressway. I strongly recommend the latter.

hi dear @Jonathan Schulenberg 

sorry for delay,

and happy new year..

>> yes, both IM&P servers can reach other directly in LAN, we established a Private-Secure Tunnel between two branches

Thanks for your help, I will configure and test your solution and let you know the result..

..if this (helps) or (answered your question), please click (Helpful) or (Accept as Solution)..

Hi dear @Jonathan Schulenberg 

I followed your instructions, and set up a "Inter-Cluster-Peering" connection between the two CUP servers..

And everything works correctly and perfectly

Thanks a lot for your help

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: