cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to build virtual lab for new CCNP collab (v3)

TCPuniverse
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all;

is there any resources about how to build "a virtual lab" to practice the new collaboration exams (CLCOR, CLACCM, or generally Collaboration v3 topics)?

For example I want to know how we can practice PSTN call routing and work with virtual voice gateways (if that was possible though, I don't know) while there are no any physical routers in the lab?

I installed CUCM 12.5 and as I know all the server images are available for the ESXi (CUC, CUP, CMS, expressway, etc). But I cannot find any information about proper way of studying. 

Any help/idea?

2 Replies 2

TimothyBooth
Level 1
Level 1

Have you made any progress with this?

Also do you know if it is possible to install CUCM on a PC using VMware workstation w/ ESXI 7.x? Do you know of a task list to make this work?

If not, do you know what the cheapest options are for servers?

Initial days i used a high end PC for running UC applications on vmware workstation . But i was able to run only one applications at a time. Then i moved to a dell server with vmware esxi , i was able to run at least 3 apps but it took around 20-30 mins for the applications to come up.

Now i have a UCS 220 m3 server with vmware 6.5 and i run all my applications on this server.

Response Signature

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: