Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to bulk update phones in CUCM 9.x due to proper license information

Hello,

we have got several customers, for which we have made upgrade CUCM to version 9.1. Our customers don't have configured the "Owner User ID" item in phones configuration page. So after migrating to the version of 9.1, there is no license information for connecting users with devices.

I've prepared CSV file in format "DEVICE NAME, OWNER USER ID" which I wanted to use for bulk update of devices. I have tested similar method for bulk updating of end users and their associated devices (It was necesary when we made synchronization with LDAP and customer didn't want to lose these associations).

But the problem is, that I cannot use my CSV file for bulk update of phones. There is only option to use CSV/custom file for searching of phones, for which I can set THE SAME setting in chosen items.

Does anybody know, how to bulk update devices for proper setting of item "OwnerUserID"? Maybe there can be some way by applying some CLI database command, but I'm not sure, if this is supported (and maybe the only one) way, how to make it.

Thanks Frantisek

4 Replies 4

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The way I have dealt with this is to Export Phone All Details, populate the Owner User ID column, and then reimport overwriting the existing configuration. Be sure to test it on a few phones before doing it at scale.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Thank you for your advice.

With your "reimport", do you mean "Insert Phones All Details" (BULK - Phones - Insert phones), maybe with UNchecked "Override the existing configuration", because there is no value in "Owner User ID" column in current devices?

You would need to check the override option otherwise the update will fail as the record already exists in the DB.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

jianjiang
Level 1
Level 1

I got the same problem, anyone may help us?

thx

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: