Views
Helpful
Replies

How to change "a=sendonly" to "a=sendrecv" in Cisco CUBE 4451

dipars1953om
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Team,

There is a specific IVR number (non-toll free) when we dial out, after the call connects and we could hear the IVR message/recording but after that the call is going on hold in each caller input press event. All other IVR number works fine. 

Call Flow: MS Teams -> Direct Routing -> Cisco CUBE -> SIP/PSTN

After we have gathered the SIP debugs we have found that the upstream carrier is sending "a=sendonly" instead of "a=sendrecv" (expected for an IVR call). After the upstream carrier is sending "a=sendonly" and then CUBE receives it and then for some unknown reason CUBE changes that to "a=INACTIVE" and sending that to MS Teams. Due to this "a=INACTIVE" MS Teams is going on hold by design and playing hold music.

I would like to know how can we change this value from "a=sendonly" to "a=sendrecv" by using a SIP Profile which we can apply on outgoing dial-peer towards ITSP. So that when CUBE receives "a=sendonly" from upstream carrier, instead of sending "a=INACTIVE" CUBE could send "a=sendrecv" towards MS Teams.

Please help! Thanks in advance. 

I have tried with below but failed. 

voice class sip-profiles 3500

request ANY sdp-header Audio-Attribute modify "a=sendonly" "a=sendrecv"

Then applied this SIP Profile to the outgoing dial-peer. Is there anything I am missing here?

2 Replies 2

This document for how to setup Direct Routing with Microsoft calling should outline what you need to do.

Response Signature

Scott Leport
Level 7
Level 7

Hello,

Based on your question about changing the value and applying to the outbound dial-peer facing your ITSP, SIP profile 100 in the Direct Routing PDF sounds like it should do the job. However, if it's not working you may need something similar to what is described in this document:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/ios-xml/ios/voice/cube/configuration/cube-book/voi-sip-param-mod.html