Views
Helpful
Replies

Hunt Group Voicemail

Jinesh Patel
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

In need of some assistance with Hunt Group Voicemails using Platforms - CUCM v10.0 and Unity v10.0

I've created a hunt group for 3 phones/lines.  This element works fine, however, if no one answers, I would like it to go to global VM that anyone of the 3 users can access.

Here is my setup -

Ext's - 2881, 2882, 2883

Hunt Pilot - 2880

This is what I've tried -

Create a secondary line (2889) on one of the extensions (2881), create a user within Unity with this mailbox number (2889) and within that user, set a secondary extension of the hunt pilot (2880) (I've also tried each individual extension)

The Hunt group pilot (2880) correctly points to the VM Pilot (8888) when forwarding all calls but I only get this message..."Hello, welcome to Cisco Unity Connection System.  From a touch tone.........")

I've been following this article which seems to have worked and been backed up by a few people but I'm either experiencing compatibility issues or I'm just missing something completely

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/11735521/voicemail-hunt-groups

I've raised this with TAC but they don't seem to be able to help me.  I must say, in CUCM, I have a voicemail Profile with a mask of 2XXX and then the voicemail configuration within the extensions used as part of the hunt pilot (2880) all use this voicemail mask (named "SiteVoicemail").  The reason I have done this is because the 'default' profile seems to have a mask of 1XXX - originally, all of our extensions (originally we just used this system for Head Office) used 11XX and 12XX for their extension numbers.  Now that we are introducing our remote sites onto CUCM, I'm under the impression that this mask will not work.  I might be focussing on the incorrect areas here as I certainly hit Unity given the message that I get as an external caller calling the hunt pilot - TAC say they cannot advise as this is a design question.

They pointed me down the route system call handlers and distribution lists - not my forte or expertise but this never worked.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Jay

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Charles Hill
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

We have done exactly what you are describing and it works perfectly.

Callmanger 9 and UNity 9

If you call 2889 directly does voice mail pickup???

Our scenario.

Hunt pilot 77460

Second DN on hunt members phones 77461

Main voice mail # 77461

Alternate voice mail # 77460

Caller calls hunt pilot 77460 and no answer it rolls to 77461 voice mail.

All hunt members can retrieve the voice mail and see the voice mial indicator on their second dn 77461.

Not sure if I follow the voice mail profile mask, but I wonder if that has something to do with it.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Charles Hill
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

We have done exactly what you are describing and it works perfectly.

Callmanger 9 and UNity 9

If you call 2889 directly does voice mail pickup???

Our scenario.

Hunt pilot 77460

Second DN on hunt members phones 77461

Main voice mail # 77461

Alternate voice mail # 77460

Caller calls hunt pilot 77460 and no answer it rolls to 77461 voice mail.

All hunt members can retrieve the voice mail and see the voice mial indicator on their second dn 77461.

Not sure if I follow the voice mail profile mask, but I wonder if that has something to do with it.

Thanks Charles.

It continued not to work so i used the Remote Port Status Monitor and realised that it was masking the calling number, as per the default voicemail profile, when 'entering' Unity.  We ended up changing this and hey presto, it now works.

Apparently, adding another profile doesn't do anything - even when selecting it in the DN.....it just uses the default profile regardless?

So i'm going to try doing this with handlers now but it certainly, on first impressions, seems to be resolved with the above solution

I appreciate your time and effort

Cheers

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: