cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Hunt groups and message delivery

mmiktus
Level 1
Level 1

We want to have a hunt group set up on Nortel M1 that will begin at ext 12345, hunt to 12346 and then to 12347. We want, after all 3 phones have been hit, to have a message recorded on 12346. My PBX guy informed me that in this situation the VM is usually recorded on the m-box of the originating station ID (in this case 12345).

How would we get this message to be recorded on 12346? Could we simply add 12345 as an ALT EXT on 12346?

Does CCM act the same as the M1? where the call gets tagged with the DTMF info of from the point of entry?

Thanks

Matt

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

eschulz
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes, it is fairly typical for the phone system to use the first redirecting number when sending a call to voicemail. With CCM, Unity will actually recieve both the first (12345) and last (12347) redirecting number. Unity however, will only use the first. Although, in your case it wouldn't matter anyway since you don't want the last redirecting number either. :(

If 12345 is not already being used as a DTMFAccessID in the Unity dialing domain, then you can add it as an alternate extension for 123456. If this is not possible (i.e. 12345 is already used in Unity) then you might check with your Nortel guy about adding a phantom number to the front of your hunt group. Thus you'll have a unique number to use when the call hits Unity.

Regards,

Eric

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

eschulz
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes, it is fairly typical for the phone system to use the first redirecting number when sending a call to voicemail. With CCM, Unity will actually recieve both the first (12345) and last (12347) redirecting number. Unity however, will only use the first. Although, in your case it wouldn't matter anyway since you don't want the last redirecting number either. :(

If 12345 is not already being used as a DTMFAccessID in the Unity dialing domain, then you can add it as an alternate extension for 123456. If this is not possible (i.e. 12345 is already used in Unity) then you might check with your Nortel guy about adding a phantom number to the front of your hunt group. Thus you'll have a unique number to use when the call hits Unity.

Regards,

Eric

sounds good to me eric. Thanks