Views
Helpful
Replies

Im and Presence integration with Exchange (ESW) for meeting status

Rajkumar Yadav
Level 4
Level 4

Hi, 

Is it possible to have the Jabber status turned to " in a meeting" without performing the exchange integration between IMP and exchnage.

As Jabber takes most of the status from outlook, rather then going to exchange server for the status of a person.

As what i understand except the meeting status all other status is synced from outlook. 

Could anyone please confirm.

Regards,

Raaj

5 Replies 5

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes, so long you have Jabber and Outlook running in the same machine, Jabber will use APIs to poll that information from Outlook and change the status accordingly.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi Jaime,

Thanks for the reply.

Could you please confirm me that if a user is in a meeting in outlook / Exchange, then Jabber on windows will show status as "in a meeting" without any exchange integration.

Regards,

Raaj

Jabber client checks outlook. It also means that if someone is in a meeting but has not started jabber, other people will see it as unknown, or offline

When there is IMP/Exchange integration the other people will see as a status "Offline, In a meeting" when the Jabber client of this specific person is not running.

JH

Hi,

I would like to stick with Jabber and Outlook on same PC , user is logged in to Jabber and not logged out.

Now if the outlook scheduled meeting started with Jabber ON for that user, then this user status on other user Jabber shows in a meeting or not ? without exchange integration.

This is my question.

Regards,

Raaj.

yes

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: