Views
Helpful
Replies

IM and Presence Service between Different Domains/ CUCM and Presense Clusters

George Sotiropoulos
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Community,

I am in the process of interconnecting 2 individual clusters of CUCM/IP and Presence of 2 companies with domains company.uk and company.us.

Both CUCM communicate in terms of telephony via Inter-Cluster Trunk (Non-Gatekeeper Controlled) and now its the time to provide IM and Presence services on Jabber (and not only) users between the 2 companies.

Is this document the most appropriate one to follow (I run 11.1 and 11.5 but I dont worry much on the version)?

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/im_presence/configAdminGuide/10_5_2/CUP0_BK_CEB3E82E_00_config-admin-guide-imp-1052/CUP0_BK_CEB3E82E_00_config-admin-guide-imp-1052_chapter_01001.html

If the above procedure is the appropriate one, then when I complete the Inter-cluster Peer Configuration the only error that I get is that "The peer Default IM Domain does not match the local Default IM Domain. Check the configuration to verify Default IM Domains in both clusters are equal on the Advanced Presence Settings"

Any comment is much appreciated

G

Please Rate Posts (by clicking on Star) and/or Mark Solutions as Accepted, when applies
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yes, you need to deploy either one for inter-domain federation, I don't know of any deployment guide for what you're asking, the SRND covers the different deployment models and requirements.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No, that procedure is only applicable when all the clusters use the SAME domain, hence the error. As you use different domains  you need an inter-domain federation.

Also, it's recommended to use SIP trunks for CUCM inter-cluster communications if running 8.6+ and ICT only if there's a cluster on 8.5 or below.

HTH

java

Java,

Thanks for the prompt response and for the tip, this is what I was afraid of...

Do I need go to Interdomain Federation - SIP Federation or XMPP Federation?

Please Rate Posts (by clicking on Star) and/or Mark Solutions as Accepted, when applies

Yes, you need to deploy either one for inter-domain federation, I don't know of any deployment guide for what you're asking, the SRND covers the different deployment models and requirements.

HTH

java

Could you suggest any available deployment guide additionally taking into account that both CUCM and IM&P servers communicate via MPLS?