Views
Helpful
Replies

IMP manually user assignsment - failover

Michael Schmidt
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

one question about "User Assignment Mode for Presence Server" in CUCM enterprise parameter.

I want manually assign the endusers to the both IMP servers so I would set the option "User Assignment Mode for Presence Server" from "Balanced" to "none".

Is then there still a failover so that all users which are assigned to server A also can work with server B when server A will fail?

BR

Michael

4 Replies 4

Deepak Rawat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No there will not be any fail over on its own if you change User Assignment Mode to None. You will manually need to assign the users to the working node manually in that case. Active-Standby mode is what you should select for the kind of functionality you are looking for wherein all users will be assigned to the first node of the presence redundancy group, leaving the secondary node as a backup.

Regards

Deepak

Hi Deepak,

thank you for your answer. The customer has app. 452 IMP users. If I choose "balanced" on every IMP server 226 users will be located.

If I choose activce-standby alls users are located at the IMP pub.

But the customer wants all 180 users from the main location at the IMP pub and the rest at the IMP sub but with failover. So when the IMP pub fails all the 180 IMP users from the main location should still be able to use Jabber with the IMP sub.

Is this possible?

BR
Michael

[+5] to  Deepak

Hi Michael,

You need to set User Assignment Mode for Presence Server as Balanced if u want equal distribution of Jabber users .

Now if IMP Node 1/ IMP PUB fails, users will automatic switch over to Second IMP Node.

you would be able to see total Active Users in Presence Redundancy Group in CUCM.

After IMP Node 1 comes UP, press on Fallback TAB in Presence Redundancy Group for Normal State.

regds,

aman

Hi Deepak,

the customer don`t want to have an automatically distribution of the IMP users to both IMP servers.

The customer wants to decide which user is located on which server but with failback.

So "balanced" is not the correct setting for the customer as this option automatically locate the IMP users to the both servers.

Or do you mean it in this order?

1. Set "User Assignment Mode for Presence Server" to "none"

2. Locate manually the IMP users to the both servers 180 users to IMP pub and 270 to IMP sub

3. Set "User Assignment Mode for Presence Server" to "Balanced" without Rebalance the IMP users

BR
Michael