Views
Helpful
Replies

Incoming calls fail across SIP trunk between Teams and CUCM

dtran
Level 6
Level 6

Hi all,

I've got a simple call-flow (MS Teams -> SBC -> SIP trunk -> CUCM) ... calls from CUCM to Teams worked fine but not calls from Teams to CUCM. When a user in Teams dials for example extension 1111 the call rings twice then (see screenshot below). From the logs on the SBC it seems like the SBC is sending 1111@username.domain.com to CUCM and seems like CUCM does not recognize the extension and sends back a message "404 Not Found" to the SBC.

MicrosoftTeams-image (88).png

Has anyone seen this issue before ?

Thank you all very much in advance !!! I very much appreciate any inputs or suggestions !!!

Danny

10 Replies 10

b.winter
VIP
VIP

How about this: Maybe you should share the call logs of the SBC and the config?! Don't you think, this could be interesting for the community as well? Or should the people, trying to help you, read your mind?

What type of SBC is it? If Cisco CUBE, have you used the configuration template from Cisco? There is everything described and you just need to copy / paste it.

Sorry for my bad french, but I don't understand people like you, who come here to get help, but just throwing small pieces of information around and expect a miracle from anyone trying to help. Nobdoy can read your mind, nobody has access to the system. If you don't provide the info, nobody can help you.

Hey B. Winter

Thanks for your inputs !!! Please go find a nice shade tree sit down relax and enjoy some French wine .... 

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What are the OTLD and Cluster FQDN Enterprise Parameters set to? The latter needs to include *.domain.com for CUCM to evaluate the Request URI as a numeric extension / left hand side only vs. a full SIP URI.

Decode of the acronyms and settings that @Jonathan Schulenberg referred to if not familiar with them.

image.png

Response Signature

Hi Roger, 

Thanks Roger !!! I very much appreciate you help !!!! 

Danny

Hi Roger and Jonathan, 

I've tried update the OTLD and Cluster FQDN in Enterprise Parameters but the result is same. 

From the logs on the SBC ... I am seeing these messages 

SIP/2.0 503 Service Unavailable

V0AA0401 "Unable to find a device handler for the request received on port 5060 from 10.11.121.22" where 10.11.121.22 is the IP of the SBC. 

I am not familiar with trace logs in CUCM and I think I need to turn enable trace logs in CUCM to further troubleshoot the issue. Any ideas where I enable logging in CUCM and what trace logs I should be enable ? 

Thank you very much for your help !!

Danny

Before going into the traces and how to get them. Do you have a SIP trunk in CM with a IP of 10.11.121.22? If not the CM will be ignoring the traffic.

Response Signature

H Roger, thnkas a lot

Hi Jonathan, 

Thanks Jonathan !! I very much appreciate your inputs !!! I will check the OTLD and Cluster FQDN and run more tests. 

Danny

Jonathan, you fixed my issue thanks a lot

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: