Views
Helpful
Replies

Installation of IM&P consistently fails Network Connectivity Validation test

umms_383133
Level 1
Level 1

Greetings,

I am deploying UC VMs for a home practice lab on a UCS C200 M2 server platform. So far I've built a CUCM cluster (one PUB/one SUB) and a single Unity Connection VM. I ran into problems when I attempted to add an IM&P 10.5 VM to the cluster. After entering the configuration parameters the installation consistently fails the Network Connectivity Validation test. I've verified the Static Network configuration settings (host name, IP address, etc) of the First Node device which is the CUCM PUB. The validation gets to part 2 of 2 and fails at the 98% mark because connectivity to the First Node device can not be verified even though I'm able to ping the device. I initially had this problem when I was installing the SUB but was eventually able to deploy it. I don't understand what is going on during the validation that the IM&P installer can not find the CUCM PUB. Is there something that needs to be configured on the PUB to make it visible to the validation process? Could it be the initial setup of the OVF template parameters (where the type of deployment is specified - e.g. # of users)?

Thanks

5 Replies 5

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What are the exact versions of CUCM and IM&P you're using??

You need to add the IM&P servers to CUCM, this is explained in the installation guides.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi Jaime,

Thanks for taking my inquiry. I'm using the following versions:

CUCM: EFT version 10.5.1.10000-5, OVA template used: cucm_10.5_vmv8_v1.8.ova
IM&P: version 10.5.1.10000-9, OVA template used: cucm_im_p_10.5_vmv8_v1.1.ova

Admittedly I did not read the installation guide as I thought the installation would be as straightforward as the CUCM and UC installs. Am I correct in assuming a lot of pre-configuration must take place on the CUCM prior to installing the IM&P?

Not that much from the old days where CUPS was not part of the CUCM cluster, however, you should definitely should be reviewing the installation guide to make sure you are doing this the right way, specially, if you're trying to build a lab to learn.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Deepak Rawat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Please ensure that the CM and IM&P versions match at the X.Y(z) level. For example, if you have installed 10.5(2) CUCM then IM&P also should be 10.5(2) and not 10.5(1). If this is correct then I will suggest you to review the settings again along with the Security Password that should match what you have used during the CM installation.

Regards

Deepak

AbteenZ
Level 1
Level 1

I had the same problem and the fix was the hostname was case sensitive!!!

YES CASE SENSITIVE.

it should be exactly as it is in your dns server records.