Views
Helpful
Replies

Installing CUEAC on VMware ESXi

Jacob Berger
Level 2
Level 2

we have two UCS C210 M2 machines

running CUCM in cluster (1 pub 1 sub) and Unity in cluster , and one  is running CUPS as well .

i  would like to install CUEAC on a VM i would create on one of the machines

some questions:

1. is it OK to  install CUEAC on same ( physical)  machine as CUCM?

2. in the CUEAC  admin guide there is only a reference to "Cisco Unified Attendant Server is only supported in a live environment on VMware ESXi 4.0 running

on Cisco UCS B200M1 hardware" is this info up to date ?.

any other advice would be usefull

thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

1. Yes, it is supported now.

2. No, you can run CUEAC 8.6 on ESXi 4.1 on C-series.

Chris

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

1. Yes, it is supported now.

2. No, you can run CUEAC 8.6 on ESXi 4.1 on C-series.

Chris

can you install it with an OVA or does it need to be installed on a virtual windows server?

CUEAC is Windows based (either 2003 or 2008), cisco provides OVA template, but you need to install OS yourself on that VM template.

HTH,

Chris

Thanks Chris. I know 9.X CUEAC is linux based on the BE6000. I am wondering if it is also for Enterprise? My dilema is, I am installing CUEAC on a UCS B series, and I would prefer to install it just like CUCM and CUC instead of on windows.

No it is not, attendant console 9.0 is Windows based just like previous versions, see the data sheet:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6789/ps7046/ps7282/data_sheet_c78-520987.html

HTH,

Chris

exactly what I was looking for, thanks Chris.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: