cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IP Telephony

Harun_Daiya
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Everyone Good Day I need a help we are having a HP 479FNW printer along with Cisco ATA 191 which we are using for fax internal fax is working but whenever you send outside it shows busy and canceled. I've allowed same CSS which we use for outside call with prefix. is there any way to fix this?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

mradell
Level 1
Level 1

A simple first step would be to pick a known good fax number and do some testing. I would first call it from a cellular phone as a control and make sure you get a fax tone. Then try to send to that number from the fax machine behind the ATA. If that fails, I would take a test set and plug in to the ATA and call the same number from the test set. If the call succeeds on the test set and you hear a fax tone, the issue is with the fax machine configuration/compatibility. If the call fails, the issue is with your CUCM (or whatever call agent you use), your dial plan, the PSTN, etc.

View solution in original post

Thank you @mradell I've tested by my cellular phone call is working fine and internal fax is also working fine but when it comes to outside it shows. com error 252 or busy

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

b.winter
VIP
VIP

I would recommend you do some troubleshooting first. Check the logs in CUCM and/or GW/CUBE.
Nobody will be able to help you, with what you have written in your question.

mradell
Level 1
Level 1

A simple first step would be to pick a known good fax number and do some testing. I would first call it from a cellular phone as a control and make sure you get a fax tone. Then try to send to that number from the fax machine behind the ATA. If that fails, I would take a test set and plug in to the ATA and call the same number from the test set. If the call succeeds on the test set and you hear a fax tone, the issue is with the fax machine configuration/compatibility. If the call fails, the issue is with your CUCM (or whatever call agent you use), your dial plan, the PSTN, etc.

Thank you @mradell I've tested by my cellular phone call is working fine and internal fax is also working fine but when it comes to outside it shows. com error 252 or busy

Why don't you just check the logs?! This is the first step in troubleshooting. This is your task as a technician and nobody can take it away from you.
As said, nobody will be able to help you without having insight to the logs. It is just guessing, what might be the problem and what might be one possible solution?

sorry @b.winter I forgot to reply. I've checked the logs yesterday and as @mradell he suggested I gone thought this way and found that problem with pattern. thank you so much guys it got resolved

once again thank you @b.winter @mradell  

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: