cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is there a way to change "FROM" field in Unity Connection 8 email notifications?

pbogomolnyi
Level 1
Level 1

I have Unity Connection setup with SMTP enabled as one of the notification devices.  When users receive email notifications, the from field shows "From: Cisco Unity Connection Messaging System [unityconnection@xxx.com]".  It looks like this is copied from unityconnection user, and the last name and first name fields are not editable/greyed out.  Is there a way to customize the from field?  There is a from field on the page, however, accoriding to Admin guide it's used for a telephone number users dial to check messages, not an SMTP "from" field.  Thanks.

13 Replies 13

Atul Khanna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Whenever we send a voice mail from external number, the unity connection
always use From field as unityconnection@domain.com which indicates the
message is from external user not residing in unity connection. This is as
per the design.

-Atul

Please rate, if this helps!!

If you are using single inbox with exchange on the back end, either:

1) create a user and assign unityconnection@domain.com as an email address

2) create a contact and assign unityconnection@domain.com as an email address

If you are routing off of a smart host you could do address manipulation on there. Would probably work with O365 as well.

Good afternoon All,

I came across this post during my research, is there any way you can modify the Cisco Unity > Subject Line to add what voicemail box the vm came in for? 

Example;

Let's say my extension is 2222, I was wondering if we could edit the subject line to say something like "Voicemail from unknown caller xxx-xxx-xxxx Received at VM2222". <<<Adding the received at VMxxxx part.

Thanks in advance!

Diana

Chris Tolley
Level 3
Level 3

Yes, I believe the correct setting is in Unity Connection\System Settings\Subject Line Formats

My settings:

Outside Caller Messages %D% Message from %CALLERID%

User to User Messages %D% Message from %NAME%

Interview Handler Messages %D% Message from %NAME%

Hey Chris,

These settings are for changing "Subject Line Formats" not the FROM field.

-Atul

Please rate, if this helps!!

Atul,

Thank you for the info.  I was afraid this was hard-coded by design - you confirmed it.

Pavel.

Amit23
Level 4
Level 4

You can't change it from the Unity side - the message is sent from that account (required to have a sender in Exchange land). You can change the display name for that user (which is created with the server name by default). Just don't delete the account (it'll get recreated on the fly). But you can change the display name to remove the server name from it and the "from" field for messages from outside callers will no longer show the server name.

!

Warm Regard's
Amit Sahrma

Amit23
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,

this option is avilable in unity connection ver 11.0.

Warm Regard's
Amit Sahrma

Could you tell me how it could be done in CUC 11.5?

Thank you

I know this is an old post - but for anyone searching for this information:

step by step info on how to do this is here

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/products/collateral/unified-communications/unity-connection/cisco-unity-connection.pdf

Fahim Sha
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

This can be changed in Cisco Unity Connection 11.X and above.

Go to Unity Connection Administration --> System Settings --> General Configuration.

Change the Parameter " Default Unity Connection Sender Name".

With Kind Regards,

Fahim Sha

That was it Fahim. Thanks.

Alas, that only changes the name and not the return address.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: