cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISR4k End of Sale has been announced. Use C8200 as CUBE?

James Hawkins
Level 8
Level 8

As per the title and End of Life announcement for the ISR4k range was released on 1st November 2022.

Has anyone managed to figure out how to specify C8200 or C8300's as CUBEs?

The hardware bit seems straightforward but I am confused about what software licenses they need to enable voice functionality.

Can anyone expalin this or point me at a resource that covers it?

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

CUBE requires a DNA Essentials license; anything CUCM-specific (eg MGCP/SCCP-controlled voice ports or DSPFARM registered to CUCM vs. LTI) requires DNA Advantage. Throughput levels are bidirectional, so divide by two for effective capacity.

Also remember that your only PVDM option is now in NIM or SM form; there is no longer a slot on the main logic board.

CCW top-level PID is C8300-DNA or L-DNA-C8000V for vCUBE (no DSPs!)

PS- Be sure that the router receives an ACK from CSSM after registration so the CSUP grace period doesn’t lapse and cause an outage!

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

I dont see an EOL announcement for Isr4K.

Can you share the link which you found ?

The license remains same type.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/unified-communications/unified-border-element/data-sheet-c78-729692.html

Response Signature

Hi Nithin,

Thanks for responding.

The announcement is below:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/routers/4000-series-integrated-services-routers-isr/select-isr4k-series-platform-eol.html

When you buy an ISR4300 you have to specify the Unified Communication License for Cisco ISR 4330 Series (SL-4330-UC-K9) to enable voice features. This is on top of any CUBE or SRST licenses you buy through a Flex plan.

What I am trying to understand is what I would need to order for a C8200 or C8300 to enable voice features in the same way the Unified Communication License detailed above does for the 4300 platform.

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

CUBE requires a DNA Essentials license; anything CUCM-specific (eg MGCP/SCCP-controlled voice ports or DSPFARM registered to CUCM vs. LTI) requires DNA Advantage. Throughput levels are bidirectional, so divide by two for effective capacity.

Also remember that your only PVDM option is now in NIM or SM form; there is no longer a slot on the main logic board.

CCW top-level PID is C8300-DNA or L-DNA-C8000V for vCUBE (no DSPs!)

PS- Be sure that the router receives an ACK from CSSM after registration so the CSUP grace period doesn’t lapse and cause an outage!

Hi

I have ISR4321-V/K9 with E1 card. I use it as voice gateway for CUCM to PSTN Network

I need to replace that ISR by C8200L-1N-4T

It mean thatI just need the C8200L-1N-4T with E1 card and add DNA advantage and use it as voice  voice gateway for the CUCM to PSTN network ?

James Hawkins
Level 8
Level 8

Thanks Jonathan,

Using your answer I was able to find some official documentation confirming what DNA license is required for what voice feature.

Cisco seem to be on a mission to make licensing as confusing as possible to both understand, implement and support!

<Insert joke about a Licensing CCIE here.>

I feel your pain respective to DNA but I'll give Cisco credit: in many regards, Collab licensing has gotten easier - especially in the latest Collaboration Flex Plan 3 offers. DLUs are gone; UCL/UWL is gone; SWSS is gone (and ESW/UCSS before it) including the co-term mess. Everything except hardware SMARTnet is under the Flex annuity subscription model. DNA seems intended to do the same thing for routers, replacing the sprawling mess of nested platform/feature licenses. It also creates the annuity subscription model that Wall Street demands, and many (admittedly not all) customers prefer. My frustration often stems from missing the briefing/memo on these sort of changes, for example the Smart Using Policy transition. It's difficult to keep up but at least the changes appear to be a good faith effort to make things better.

Licensing CCIE - lol - I am going to use that on April Fool's day.

Hi

I have ISR4321-V/K9 with E1 card. I use it as voice gateway for CUCM to PSTN Network

I need to replace that ISR by C8200L-1N-4T

It mean thatI just need the C8200L-1N-4T with E1 card and add DNA advantage and use it as voice  voice gateway for the CUCM to PSTN network ?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: