cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber MRA Failover

Siva chinap
Level 5
Level 5

I want to test the Jabber MRA failover, We have Expressway Pairs cluster implemented on CE1200. I would like to know how the failover can tested, Enduser from Jabber Client without logging out , If primary Expressway pairs goes down, Peer should work automatically.

9 Replies 9

Siva chinap
Level 5
Level 5

Dear All,

Anyone can help me on this, Did anybody tested?

See this screen shot of what is supported.

984F77E0-2B4F-49AA-A5D5-C08431A102B0.jpegWhat you ask for is not supported, so there is no way to test it.

Response Signature

@Roger KallbergThanks for your prompt response, How we can achieve the Jabber Failover for Phone service,VOicemail etc...

Doccument states not supported, But i have a customer 4k Jabber Clients, What is the solution?

There is none. Users have to reconnect in the case of a failure of a Expressway.

Response Signature

@Roger KallbergThanks for your response, Customer wants failover without disconnection. So what's the point in creating Expressway clusters?

The point is that you can reconnect in the event of a failure. Without a cluster you would have an outage until you create a new deployment or restore the functionality on the system that is down.

Response Signature

If an Expressway-C or Expressway-E node fails, active MRA calls through the failed Expressway node also fail.

And MRA supports SIP registration failover for Cisco IP Phones and devices running TC or CE software.

have a look on below  MRA configuration Guide.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/expressway/config_guide/X12-6/exwy_b_mra-expressway-deployment-guide/exwy_b_mra-expressway-deployment-guide_chapter_01.html?bookSearch=true

Response Signature

@Nithin Eluvathingal 

Thanks for your prompt response, How we can achieve the Jabber Failover for Phone service,VOicemail etc...

Doccument states not supported, But i have a customer 4k Jabber Clients, What is the solution?

That's   how MRA works. you need to reconnect. 

Response Signature