cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber MRA Failover

Siva chinap
Level 5
Level 5

I want to test the Jabber MRA failover, We have Expressway Pairs cluster implemented on CE1200. I would like to know how the failover can tested, Enduser from Jabber Client without logging out , If primary Expressway pairs goes down, Peer should work automatically.

9 Replies 9

Siva chinap
Level 5
Level 5

Dear All,

Anyone can help me on this, Did anybody tested?

See this screen shot of what is supported.

984F77E0-2B4F-49AA-A5D5-C08431A102B0.jpegWhat you ask for is not supported, so there is no way to test it.

Response Signature

@Roger KallbergThanks for your prompt response, How we can achieve the Jabber Failover for Phone service,VOicemail etc...

Doccument states not supported, But i have a customer 4k Jabber Clients, What is the solution?

There is none. Users have to reconnect in the case of a failure of a Expressway.

Response Signature

@Roger KallbergThanks for your response, Customer wants failover without disconnection. So what's the point in creating Expressway clusters?

The point is that you can reconnect in the event of a failure. Without a cluster you would have an outage until you create a new deployment or restore the functionality on the system that is down.

Response Signature

If an Expressway-C or Expressway-E node fails, active MRA calls through the failed Expressway node also fail.

And MRA supports SIP registration failover for Cisco IP Phones and devices running TC or CE software.

have a look on below  MRA configuration Guide.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/expressway/config_guide/X12-6/exwy_b_mra-expressway-deployment-guide/exwy_b_mra-expressway-deployment-guide_chapter_01.html?bookSearch=true

Response Signature

@Nithin Eluvathingal 

Thanks for your prompt response, How we can achieve the Jabber Failover for Phone service,VOicemail etc...

Doccument states not supported, But i have a customer 4k Jabber Clients, What is the solution?

That's   how MRA works. you need to reconnect. 

Response Signature

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: