Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber MRA voice not working randomly

carlnewton
Level 3
Level 3

Guys and girls,

We have an expressway deployment providing MRA.  All is working fine, until it does not!

Call from internal to an MRA participant (using Jabber out on the internet) using video and audio, the audio will randomly drop out during a call and not recover.

So you can be talking for a bit, and then all of a sudden the person inside the network cannot hear the person outside of the network on MRA.  SOmetimes this happens four minutes into a call, sometimes four seconds, sometimes not at all.  Video always (so far) continues to work just fine.

Taking a wireshark packet capture, the internal client is still receiving both the video and audio stream incoming. But you don't hear any audio. The MRA participant can still see and hear the internal participant.  There is no obvious difference in the packet capture before, and after the audio drop-out.

The next step I have is to change my audio to G711 and decode it to see if the RTP that is arriving actually contains any sound (since we are using G722 and wireshark does not support it)

In the mean time, as anyone else had this issue?

Thanks

Carl

1 Reply 1

jw471a
Level 1
Level 1
I know this is an old post, but I'm experiencing a similar issue. Just curious if you ever found a fix.

Thanks.