cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LDAP User principal name changing in AD

RAustin70
Level 1
Level 1

We were just notified that in a month our Active Directory Structure will be completely changing all User UPN's to a new format.  My CUCM 11.5 SU6 and CUC 11.5 SU6 both use that LDAP for Sync, Auth, and SSO.

Does anyone foresee any issues with the migration?  I don't think it will affect the CUCM or SSO at all, but I am unsure if it will create any issue with our Unity Accounts that are LDAP integrated.

Any Ideas are appreciated.

Rob

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

RAustin70
Level 1
Level 1

Just ran a test, cisco needs no intervention when the UPN is changed in AD, it dynamically updates the user alias on next LDAP Sync.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

RAustin70
Level 1
Level 1

Just ran a test, cisco needs no intervention when the UPN is changed in AD, it dynamically updates the user alias on next LDAP Sync.

Ralph G
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I am planning to do the same, changing the UPN Entry in AD.

As a test, i changed it for one User. When I change it, I can sync it correnctly (Perform LDAP Sync) and the new UPN shows up in the End Users UserID. So far so good.

But then I have the Problem, that i am not able to login anymore in Jabber. (Error Message: Wrong credentials...) But I did not change the password.

When a switch back to the old UPN Entry as it was before in the AD, then the Login works fine again.

Anyone has an Idea whats wrong ?

@Ralph G Suggest that you post your question in a new post instead of using an old post that is marked as answered as that would likely give you a bit more attention.

Response Signature

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: