Views
Helpful
Replies

License Installation Error CUCM ver 12.5.1

Prashant Jadhav
Level 1
Level 1

Hey Guys,

Request your support and view on the installation of Cisco CUCM Phone License. I'm trying to register the license but getting an error even thought CUCM is provided with internet. below is error as "Communication Timeout", also have attached the error snapshot. 

Would request your view towards resolution please.

10 Replies 10

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What troubleshooting have you done?

What ports and urls have you made sure connectivity is OK for product registration?

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Google.com, Cisco.com and tools.cisco.com IP's are able to ping from CUCM CLI. What port / url's are require to open, would you please suggest.

Apologies Roger, but I'm using the Direct Connection where I'm able to ping the Cisco.com.
Gone through the PDF, but still I'm getting an error as Communication timeout.....it seems to be something issue with the network and I'm not able to figure out what exactly is the issue.

Are you using HTTPS for direct connection?

Can't remember what doc I read this is in, but I kept it as a note: "Make sure that you use only HTTPS to communicate with CSSM"

From your CUCM, can you resolve “tools.cisco.com”?

I'm able to ping tools.cisco.com i.e IP # 173.37.145.8. 

Hi,

If you can resolve the tools URL from your CUCM, the issue won't be with CUCM.

As others have suggested, you might want to check Firewall configuration if you haven't done so already, possibly look to get a live trace when you try to kick off a registration request from the CUCM.

Do you have other devices in your Smart Licensing portal you've been able to successfully register? If so, what's different about those devices as opposed to your CUCM?

No doubt you've seen this doc, but I am linking it here for reference:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/unified-communications/unified-communications-manager-callmanager/212915-configure-cucm-smart-licensing-direct.html

Good luck!

@Prashant Jadhav wrote:
Apologies Roger, but I'm using the Direct Connection where I'm able to ping the Cisco.com.
Gone through the PDF, but still I'm getting an error as Communication timeout.....it seems to be something issue with the network and I'm not able to figure out what exactly is the issue.

The presentation from Cisco Live covers from what I can tell all different options for connection with smart licensing.

Response Signature

sudaggar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
check if CUCM server IP address range is in firewall SSL decryption rule.

If yes, remove CUCM servers from the firewall SSL decryption rule.

Regards
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: