Views
Helpful
Replies

MCS7845I3-K9-CMD3B with CUCM 8.6 license

Akram abdo
Level 1
Level 1

Slm

We have a client with MCS7845I3-K9-CMD3B and CUCM 8.6 preinstalled.

And he has Cisco ip phones:

160 ---------- Cisco 7912G

10 ------------ Cisco 7940G

10 ------------ Cisco 7960G

04 ------------ Cisco 7970G

So kindly let me know what all licenses should be given to get the phones up and running.

Awaiting for a early response!!

Thanks & Regards,

3 Replies 3

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You need to order either CUWL or UCL licenses from Cisco reseller and you will receive PAKs that need to be registered and applied to the system. With version 8.6 you will get DLUs on the back end side, which is slightly confusing.

The licensing is not per phone but rahter per user, so you will need to decide how many users will be assigned to these phones to figure out exact license count, for example if a single user has more than 2 but less than 10 devices you will need CUWL Standard license for that user, if only one device then you will need UCL enhanced, if 2 devices then UCL Enhanced Plus, etc.

HTH, please rate all useful posts!

Chris

Thanks for your answer Chris.

But I don't understand. You say that the license is by user, but at the same time you we need DLU wich is based on type of ip phones. Can you please explain.

PS: the license is for installation on MCS7845 I3.

Thanks and regard.

This is correct, Cisco has changed licensing approach few times, however until version 9 the enforcement did not keep up. So, even though DLUs have not been sold for quite some time, on the back end side they are used in version 8.6.  When you buy CUWL or UCL licenses which are user based licenses, Cisco makes assumptions as to how many DLUs each license type equals and you get as such, for example I belive CUWL Standard assumes 11 or so DLUs.  This is all finally addressed nicely in version 9 via ELM. Since you cannot buy DLUs you have to buy user licenses which will convert to DLUs accordingly.

HTH, please rate all useful posts!

Chris