Views
Helpful
Replies

Migrating CUCM v7.1 to CUCM v9.1

Amit Thakkar
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Team,

I am looking to get the help for purppose of existing setup (Migration/Designing and planning) for CUCM v7.1

CUCM Existing Setup:

1. Runing CUCM v7.1 on MCS 7816I4 (Phisical) server.

2. Phones model number 7940G firmware V8.1(2.0).

Looking to migrate the current setup of CUCM v7.1 as VMware server on UCS C210M2 (phisical) server.

Expecting help as per the below points

CUCM:- As per the VMware server

1) What are the hardware and software are require for the CUCM v9.1

2) Can i do upgrade directly from CUCM v7.1 to CUCM v9.1, if yes then pls guide me how to proceed the same, if there is any link to refere the same.

3) Do i need to change the Phones firmware also we are using the phone 7940G.

4) How i will get the MAC address of VMware system for CUCM v9.1 to get the license done.

CUC Existing Setup:

1. Runing CUC v7.1 on MCS 7825I4 (Phisical) server.

Expecting help as per the below points

CUC:- As per the Phisical server

1) What are the hardware and software are require for the CUC v9.1

2) I am also looking to upgrade the CUC v7.1 to v9.1, Can i do upgrade directly from CUC v7.1 to CUC v9.1, if yes then pls guide me how to proceed the same, if there is any link to refere the same.

3) Is CUC v9.1 is compatibile with CUCM v9.1 ?

4) Is CUC v7.1 is compatibile with CUCM v9.1 ?

ALSO GUIDE ME WHICH ONE I HAVE TO SETUP FIRST IN THIS TWO CUCM AND CUC. SINCE IT IS ALREADY LIVE IN THE PRODUCTION NETWORK

Cisco Presence :- As per the VMware server

1) What are the hardware and software are require for the Cisco presence v9.1

2) Is Cisco Unified presence v9.1 is compatibile with CUCM v9.1 ?

3) I am also looking to newly install Cisco presence v9.1, so if possible giude or post me the link how to install step by step

Cisco Meetingplace :- As per the VMware server

1) What are the hardware and software are require for the Cisco Meetingplace v8.5

2) Is Cisco Meetingplace v8.5 is compatibile with CUCM v9.1 ?

3) I am also looking to newly install Cisco Meetingplace v8.5, so if possible giude or post me the link how to install step by step.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Gajanan Pande
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Amit,

You might want to avail PDI Helpdesk's services for all the migration related queries for mentioned products. PDI Helpdesk helps entitled partners with their Planning, Design & Implementation related queries. This is a complimentary service offered to Entitled partners. PDI Helpdesk services can be availed by opening a case from www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk , please open separate case for each product e.g. CUCM, CUC, CUPS etc.

Regards

GP.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Gajanan Pande
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Amit,

You might want to avail PDI Helpdesk's services for all the migration related queries for mentioned products. PDI Helpdesk helps entitled partners with their Planning, Design & Implementation related queries. This is a complimentary service offered to Entitled partners. PDI Helpdesk services can be availed by opening a case from www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk , please open separate case for each product e.g. CUCM, CUC, CUPS etc.

Regards

GP.

Amit Thakkar
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

Can any one suggest me regarding PDI help dest support,

I am looking to get the help from PDI helpdest about Planning/design for project at one of our corporate place,

But the thing is my company holding the premier Partnership with cisco, even not in voice field,

Will i eligible to open a case with PDI helpdest?

Hi Amit,

You can verify whether your organization is entitled for PDI Helpdesk support or not by following ways..

1. Open a case from www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk & then the PDI HD engineer will confirm the entitlement for you.

2. If you refer page 14 of PDI HD Overview, you will find that possesing any one/more of following certificates will entitle your organization for PDI HD support

• Advanced Collaboration Architecture

• Master Unified Communications

• Advanced Unified Communications

• Express Unified Communications

• ARP Unified MeetingPlace

• ARP Business Edition

• Cisco Distributors

• Cisco Systems Engineers

Regards

GP.

Thanks GP.