Views
Helpful
Replies

migration problem with CUCM 8.6(1a) to 8.6(2a)SU1

zhaotengfei
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all.

Yesterday we have migrated our telephone infrastructure from CM8.6(1a) to CUCM8.6(2a)SU1 , but process fails,

the error message is "

02/18/2013 18:13:26 upgrade_install.sh|File:/usr/local/bin/base_scripts/upgrade_install.sh:584, Function: main(), Upgrade Failed -- (1)|<LVL::Error>

02/18/2013 18:13:26 upgrade_install.sh|set_upgrade_result: set to 1|<LVL::Debug>

02/18/2013 18:13:27 upgrade_install.sh|is_upgrade_lock_available: Upgrade lock is not available.|<LVL::Debug>

02/18/2013 18:13:27 upgrade_install.sh|is_upgrade_in_progress: Already locked by this process (pid: 13558).|<LVL::Debug>

02/18/2013 18:13:27 upgrade_install.sh|release_upgrade_lock: Releasing lock (pid: 13558)|<LVL::Debug>

I have re-install  it three time,but it also have this error

How can I install this upgrade?

Thanks a lot!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

yajoshi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi TengFei,  points

Error from the logs:

02/18/2013 18:12:33 PlatformXmlUpg|Internal Error, File:platformXmlUpg.c:548, Function: migrateNTPdata(), Using this machine's address (192.168.186.5) as an external NTP server is invalid.  The NTP server must literally be an external machine.|<:CRITICAL>

Looks like you are giving the machines IP (192.168.186.5) as the NTP. Try changing the NTP address to a local router with NTP Master setup on it. A local windows NTP server should also get you through the install.

Hope this helps !

Regards
Yash Joshi
CCIE Voice # 31109

Regards Yash Joshi CCIE Voice # 31109

View solution in original post

12 Replies 12

ronpatel
Level 8
Level 8

Hi

What is the file you are using. Is it restricted or unrestricted.

Also what is the current version of your CUCM restricted or unrestricted.

Regards
Ronak Patel

Rate all helpful post by clicking stars below the answer.

Regards Ronak Patel Rate all helpful post by clicking stars below the answer.

Hello Ronak

where can I see the CUCM is restricted or unrestricted ?

Thank you for your answer!

When you logon to CUCM Admin page - Next to CUCM Version it will say unrestricted if its an unrestricted version. If it displays version only then its restricted version.

Follow further instructions from Ronak or Yash to resolve your issue.

Terry

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

got it,Thank you.

Not a problem. I hadn't had a look at the attachements as I was replying from an iPad. But its good to know as well how to check.

Please rate all helpful posts.

Terry

Sorry,The first time I use this BBS,What I didn't do right please say directly ,and my english is not good,Please forgave me,I want to learn English well.

Its a Restricted Version.

Destination FIle : UCSInstall_UCOS_8.6.2.22900-9.sgn.iso

Thank you.

yajoshi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi TengFei,  points

Error from the logs:

02/18/2013 18:12:33 PlatformXmlUpg|Internal Error, File:platformXmlUpg.c:548, Function: migrateNTPdata(), Using this machine's address (192.168.186.5) as an external NTP server is invalid.  The NTP server must literally be an external machine.|<:CRITICAL>

Looks like you are giving the machines IP (192.168.186.5) as the NTP. Try changing the NTP address to a local router with NTP Master setup on it. A local windows NTP server should also get you through the install.

Hope this helps !

Regards
Yash Joshi
CCIE Voice # 31109

Ok,I'll try it,Thank you.

I'm so excited ,I changed the NTP server and the upgrade succeed.

Thank you very much!

Good to know it worked out for you !

Cheers !

Regards
Yash Joshi
CCIE Voice # 31109

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: