Views
Helpful
Replies

Migration Week - Cisco Unified CM Upgrades & Upgrade App

Jeffrey Ou
Level 4
Level 4

Hello!

I would like to welcome you to UC Migration Week and Ask the Expert.  I am the Program Lead for our Drive to Collab Upgrade Program where we are looking to assist our partners and customers in migrating to our latest CUCM versions and take advantage of our latest capabilities and experiences.  Let me know if you have any questions on upgrades, reasons to upgrade, and our programs.

One item I would like to highlight is our Upgrade App.  If you're not familiar with it can help you tremendously with upgrade planning.  This app will essentially check your CUCM enviroment and:

• Inventory key items such as server hardware, phones, and gateways
  • Check software versions and compatibility of key applications (e.g.  Unity Connection, MeetingPlace, CCX, etc)
  • Determine license counts to send to our licensing team
  • Recommend actions required prior to upgrade
  • Provide upgrade procedures specific to your scenario.

Running this app (available for for iPads, Android Tablets, and Windows applications) can save you significant time and help you better prepare for your upgrade.

You can find more details and download the tool at:

http://cucmupgrade.cisco.com/

32 Replies 32

Thanks Srinivasan for your response!!!

I am not seeing SKU's for License migration option from 8.x to 11.x under R-CBE6K-K9 (for BE6K Solution). So the SKU's for License feature upgrade (ENH+APP) itself will migrate the existing DLU's with CUC on Version 8.x to 11.X and uplift the license to CUWL STD. Is my understanding correct?

Yeah those SKU are being removed so yes you can uplift this way to CUWL using the upgrade SKU and include SWSS for future coverage.

Thanks Srinivasan for the clarification!!!