cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

mixing SIP and SCCP in CUCM line group

tato386
Level 6
Level 6

I had a hunt pilot/hunt list/line group setup that had a mixture of SIP and SCCP phones as members of a line group. Everything -seemed- OK until one day all the SCCP phones went offline (due to environmental reasons at their location). During the time the SCCP phones were offline all calls to the hunt pilot gave a "line disconnected" error. When I realized what was happening, I created a second line group and separated SIP and SCCP phones in their respective line groups. I then added the SIP line group as the second line group in the hunt list. At this point calls to the hunt pilot got "dead air".

I ended up creating two pilots, two hunt lists and two line groups. Since the SIP phones are used as "backups" to the SCCP phones I then pointed the hunt busy/no answer options in the first hunt pilot (SCCP) to the second hunt pilot (SIP).

So currently my problem is solved but I am curious if this is a bug, or not supported, or did I simply need to do some extra config work to get SIP and SCCP phones to work correctly in a mixed protocol line group?

Thanks,
Diego

0 Replies 0