Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Modification of ringing time when no one answered from outside to inside

When I use my mobile phone to dial the switchboard, then transfer to the extension. If no one answers, it will ring for about 60 seconds. Where can I change this time?
Voice gateway: ISR4331, H323 gateway
CUCM version: 12.5

9 Replies 9

You can do that from the Extension.

1.PNG

Response Signature

Here is the configuration for transferring into voice mail. No Unity Connection server in the live environment

The ring no answer time is still in effect, with or without voicemail.  What do you want to happen if the call goes unanswered?  And do you want it to ring for more or less than 60 seconds?

Be aware that there may be other limits if you want a longer ringing time, for example the PSTN gateway, or service, or indeed your mobile may "give up" after a long ring time, irrespective of how long you set in CUCM.

I want to modify the ringing time to be less than 60 seconds. Such as 30 seconds or 20 seconds

You can set No Answer Ring Duration 20,30  second.

Response Signature

Okay, I will test it later. Do you not need to check the above options?

I just thought I'd do a quick check and it's just as well, because what I found is that if none of the forward options are set, it doesn't appear to honour the No Answer Ring Duration setting.  With the settings shown below, it rang out of over 60 seconds.  Whereas if I tick the forward no answer voicemail option then that kicks in after 5 seconds as you'd expect

Screenshot_163.png

I tested it and there seems to be a problem. Because we call the AA script on the voice gateway. For example, if there is no answer from an outside line to an inside line, the voice file of the service AA script will be run "The call you dialed is temporarily unanswered". But if I test according to your configuration. My phone will hear "di..di..di"

The screenshot shared is not for call forwarding to VM, look the option highlighted on Blue, No Answer Ring Duration. 

Response Signature

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: