Hello everyone,

I am planning the deployment of MRA in phone only mode, which will include:

Single node Exp-C X14.0.6

Single node Exp-E X14.0.6

Single node CUCM 12.5 SU6

The customer would like to use the following domains:

external: uc.company.com

internal: company.local

I am wondering how the authentication can work.

Normally I would define the external domain (uc.company.com) on the IMP however as mentioned I will not have IMP in this case.

I am unable to find specific documents about the deployment on the MRA Phone-Only mode.

If anyone of you has recommendations or suggestions that would be highly appreciated.

Many thanks!

MM

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Yes
when you finish the deployment
use this link to test for phone mode option
https://cway.cisco.com/csa/

View solution in original post

RezaNazari3290
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,
I added a diagram and a couple of screenshots to help you with your specific scenario.

You need to follow the steps below:
Create an External SRV record for your uc.company.com domain and point it to the FQDN of your Expressway E
Create a public A Record for your Expressway E server
Add the uc.company.com domain to your Expressway C and set the SIP registration to "On"
Create an internal SRV record for your uc.company.com domain and point it to the FQDN of your CUCM. (This will be used only by the Expressway C).

Also, I assume you already have an internal SRV record for your company.com domain which is used by the Jabber clients for UDS discovery.

Last but not least, if you need your Jabber clients to seamlessly switch to MRA when they move off the local network, you need to use 1 of the 3 methods below.

Method 1: Add the external domain to the Jabber bootstrap file                                                                                                      Go to: Drive C >Program Data > Cisco Systems > Cisco Jabber > jabber-boostrap.properties                                        Open the jabber-bootstrap.properties in notepad and add the below entry in the first line.                                              VoiceServicesDomain: uc.company.com

Method 2: Install Jabber from the CMD using the command below.
msiexec.exe /i CiscoJabberSetup.msi CLEAR=1 VOICE_SERVICES_DOMAIN=uc.company.com

Method 3. Add the external domain in the Jabber XML.
Using this method requires users to login locally first

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

collinks2
Level 5
Level 5

Though i have not deployed mra in phone mode only but i have deployed exp in multi domain alongside with cucm and imp.The internal is different from the external.I didnt add the external domain in imp but i added the two domain in exp c.I also defied the external domain as a forward zone in the DNS

Many thanks Collinks2, so it seems that based on your experience adding the 2 domains in exp-c may be enough in my case?

Yes
when you finish the deployment
use this link to test for phone mode option
https://cway.cisco.com/csa/

RezaNazari3290
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,
I added a diagram and a couple of screenshots to help you with your specific scenario.

You need to follow the steps below:
Create an External SRV record for your uc.company.com domain and point it to the FQDN of your Expressway E
Create a public A Record for your Expressway E server
Add the uc.company.com domain to your Expressway C and set the SIP registration to "On"
Create an internal SRV record for your uc.company.com domain and point it to the FQDN of your CUCM. (This will be used only by the Expressway C).

Also, I assume you already have an internal SRV record for your company.com domain which is used by the Jabber clients for UDS discovery.

Last but not least, if you need your Jabber clients to seamlessly switch to MRA when they move off the local network, you need to use 1 of the 3 methods below.

Method 1: Add the external domain to the Jabber bootstrap file                                                                                                      Go to: Drive C >Program Data > Cisco Systems > Cisco Jabber > jabber-boostrap.properties                                        Open the jabber-bootstrap.properties in notepad and add the below entry in the first line.                                              VoiceServicesDomain: uc.company.com

Method 2: Install Jabber from the CMD using the command below.
msiexec.exe /i CiscoJabberSetup.msi CLEAR=1 VOICE_SERVICES_DOMAIN=uc.company.com

Method 3. Add the external domain in the Jabber XML.
Using this method requires users to login locally first

Many thanks RezaNazari3290,

I actually ended in getting a single domain deployment, which is the option recommended by Cisco and makes it much simpler indeed.

Thanks for your explanation!

MM