Views
Helpful
Replies

Multi-tenant Cisco Call Manager , IM Presence

R Ba
Level 1
Level 1

Hello 

We plan to separate our Cisco Call Manager to multi tenant (Customer 1 , Customer 2), Each Customer will have separate sub-domain like "customer1.company.com, customer2.company.com," .

We need to achieve below 

1- Separate  dial plan for each Customer  ------ "we can achieve that by CSS, Partitions, route patterns" 

2- Users belong each Customer will able to search only users in same corporate directory. As example "Customer 1 users can use jabber to search for only other users located on this domain "customer1.company.com" and users belong customer 2 will not appeared on search"  ((( we need your help for that ))).

3 Replies 3

CUCM doesn't have an option to partition corperate directory search. If you use third party directory like imagicle contact manager i think this could be doable. May be you need to assign the directory url on device level.

Reach out to imagicle and i hope they could help on this request.

Response Signature

Just to say this up front: CUCM was not designed to be a multi-tenant solution. Cisco has sunset their HCS Shared (or whatever it was called) architecture that attempted to fit this square peg into a round hole. IMO this is a dead end road. It will also prohibit you from migrating off Jabber to the Webex app. Webex Calling multi-tenant is the recommended solution for this where each customer gets their own tenant.

Having said that, making this work would require a substitute UDS server. The Jabber directory integration cannot natively be partition off when querying CUCM UDS. (UDS is the only option over MRA). You can define an alternate UDS server in Jabber parameters but I cannot think of a commercially available alternative to point you toward.

Thanks @Jonathan Schulenberg … Actually I got confused with the OP. I assumed it’s about using cucm for separate  entity and  separating them by Partition.

And the requirement is all about the corporate directory search..

Response Signature

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: