Views
Helpful
Replies

MultiSan Certificate with -ms at the end

Vishal Bhardwaj
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Everyone,

I am going to upload a Multi-SAN certificate for the first time in CUCM and CUC so need a small clarification please. I generated a CSR by selecting SAN in CUCM and CUC. Then I sent the CSRs to CA to get signed. Now, that I have received it back I see that in the Issued to: it shows the FQDN of the server but also shows -ms in the end.

So for e.g. my Publisher Server name is TorontoPUBCCM.corp.com but in the certificate I see it is Issued to TorontoPUBCCM.corp.com-ms. Is that normal? Will it cause any issues?

My understanding is that is due to MulitSAN and that's how system figures out the difference between a standalone vs multisan but i'll appreciate if someone can clarify?

Thanks!

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Yes it's normal, and you should be able to remove it manually during the CSR process. Also, the -ms as the end is an older method, so you must be on an older version of CUCM, because now, it goes in the middle like this: servername-ms.domain.com.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Yes it's normal, and you should be able to remove it manually during the CSR process. Also, the -ms as the end is an older method, so you must be on an older version of CUCM, because now, it goes in the middle like this: servername-ms.domain.com.

Thanks Anthony. Yes, its on Ver 10.5.

So, that means if i upload it with -ms then it should woek just fine. Correct?

Appreciate your quick response on this.

Thanks

Yes that is correct.

Response Signature

Thanks Guys, It uploaded successfully.

However, It didn't resolve the Certificate issue. Users are still getting the Warning message to accept the Certificate and  I just realized it's because Servers are configured as IPs under System > Server. Do you guys know if there's a workaround with this?

Change the configuration to use FQDN. That what is the recommendation from Cisco.

Response Signature