cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MWI relay across trunks in a distributed phone system (SIP->ICT QSIG->QSIG)

setonhvoip
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

I've been having a difficult time troubleshooting and finding information regarding my situation.

Problem:

MWI is not relaying from CUCM 7.1.5 QSIG to Nortel when originating from the new Unity Connection 10.5.1 system.

Environment:

• Unity Connection 10.5.1
    • SIP -> CUCM 10.5.1
  • Communications Manager 10.5.1 (MWI works)
    • ICT (QSIG) -> CUCM 7.1.5
  • Communications Manager 7.1.5 (MWI works)
    • QSIG -> vGateway 2821
  • vGateway 2821
    • PRI ISO QSIG T1  -> Nortel/Avaya Opt 81(MWI does NOT work)
  • Nortel/Avaya Option 81 - v.3021 rel.4

Summary: My current setup has Unity Connection 8.6 -> (SCCP) ->CUCM 7.1.5 ->(QSIG)-> Nortel. MWI passes just fine across this. It even worked when I had Unity 4.x ->(SCCP)-> CM 4.x -> (ICT)->CUCM 7.x ->(QSIG)-> Nortel.

Does anyone know the correct parameter configs for this to work. I really want to pass MWI from Unity 10 -> Nortel without PIMGs if at all possible.

Thanks!

9 Replies 9

Jeff Bankston
Level 1
Level 1

So you're trying to send MWI from UCM to Nortel handsets???

-Jeff

Hi Jeff,

That's correct. This is being done now with Unity Connection 8.6 over SCCP with the on/off MWI extensions with no problems. But Unity 10.5.1 w/ SIP doesn't use the on/off extensions and doesn't seem to be working once it reaches the Nortel.

Thanks,

I've heard of an odd situation in UCM before where MTP had to be provisioned in some situations, do you have any hardware MTP available to use? If it worked in SCCP in 8.6 and you are now on 10.x using SIP, you might try the MTP route.

-Jeff

Hi Jeff,

Thanks again for the response. Where in your opinion should I introduce MTP? SIP between CUC & CUCM or between the two CUCM clusters?

Thanks!

On the QSIG T1 between the 2821 gateway and the Nortel.

-Jeff

Jeff, thanks for the response. I won't be able to make this change until next week. I'll let you know what happens.

Thanks!

Hi Jeff, we enabled the MTP option on the trunk between CUCM 10.5.1 & CUCM 7.1.5 as MTP was already configured in gateway.

We're thinking of just changing the protocol from SIP to SCCP like the Unity8.6-> CUCM07.x-> Nortel is now. We know that works, so maybe Unity 10.x->CUCM10.x-CUCM7.x->Nortel will work.

Thanks anyways.

I set this up in my lab running UCxN 8.6<==SIP ==> CUCM 8.6 <== QSIG ICT ==> CUCM 8.6

Could NOT get MWI to work on the second cluster.

Flipped the UCxN SIP connection over to SCCP, and it immediately worked. 

Is there something special required to allow a SIP trunk between UCxN and CUCMs chained in series so that MWI will work on the first AND subsequent clusters?

Hi Clifford. That part worked just fine for us. We didn't setup anything special, I believe just setting QSIG as the tunneled protocol did it for us.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: