Views
Helpful
Replies

NIM-1CE1T1-PRI vs NIM-1MFT-T1/E1

mitchell helton
Level 1
Level 1

Good afternoon,

I am a bit confused on which module I need to purchase when upgrading a voice gateway.  We currently have a VWIC3-1MFT-T1/E1 but it doesn't seem to spell out whether it is clear channel or channelized.  Honestly, I don't know the difference between them, but I just want whatever the replacement is.  

Is there any other information I can provide that would help determine which module I need to purchase?  Any show commands I can run or anything?  This is for a single PRI line, for what it's worth.

Thank you!

mitch

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

So, you have VWIC3-1MFT-T1/E1 now, NIM-1MFT-T1/E1 would be equivalent on ISR4K.

Chris

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

NIM-1MFT-T1/E1 would be typically used for a PRI circuit, the NIM-1CE1T1-PRI according to data sheet supports G.703 which I have never required on any PRI implementations. Here is similar thread:

https://community.cisco.com/t5/other-collaboration-subjects/what-is-the-different-between-quot-nim-2ce1t1-pri-quot-and-quot/td-p/3582080

Thank you for the quick reply!

Is it possible to tell based off the product number for the vwic3 I listed, configuration items, or any other show command - which "NIM" module it corresponds to?

Sure, please post "show inventory" and "show diag" from the old router.

Perfect!

WIC Slot 0:
VWIC3-1MFT-T1/E1 - 1-Port RJ-48 Multiflex Trunk - T1/E1
Hardware Revision : 1.0
Top Assy. Part Number : 800-34657-01
Part Number : 73-13419-01
Board Revision : B0
Deviation Number : 0
Fab Version : 05
PCB Serial Number : FOCxxxxx
Version Identifier : V01
Product (FRU) Number : VWIC3-1MFT-T1/E1
CLEI Code : COUIA7PCAA
RMA Test History : 00
RMA Number : 0-0-0-0
RMA History : 00
EEPROM format version 4

NAME: "VWIC3-1MFT-T1/E1 - 1-Port RJ-48 Multiflex Trunk - T1/E1 on Slot 0 SubSlot 0", DESCR: "VWIC3-1MFT-T1/E1 - 1-Port RJ-48 Multiflex Trunk - T1/E1"
PID: VWIC3-1MFT-T1/E1 , VID: V01 , SN: FOCxxxxxxx

So, you have VWIC3-1MFT-T1/E1 now, NIM-1MFT-T1/E1 would be equivalent on ISR4K.

Chris

Sir, you have been most helpful. Thank you so much!! :)
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: