Views
Helpful
Replies

PCA Version: 10.5.1 - Purging Unknown Endpoints

Tim Walker
Level 1
Level 1

Dear fellow forum users.

I have a PCA Version: 10.5.1 using for cluster of CUCM 9.1. 

I understand if a phone is configured in the CUCM database but not registered (i.e. not on the network) Prime will put that device in a folder called Unknown Endpoints. Subsequently, if that device is then connected to the network and registers to the CUCM, Prime will then record that device in another folder for that active handset type. However, the device still remain in the unknown folder also, essentially creating a duplicate of a sort. What I am trying to understand is how two things:-

1. When will Prime purge that endpoint from the unknown endpoints folder? I would assume that during the next discovery job, it would do so but that does not appear to be the case?
  2. How can I manually tell Prime to purge these unknown endpoints?

I have attached an example of the problem I am talking about where you can see the same handset twice. I have tried also running the update inventory jobs against unknown endpoints but it doesn't make a difference. 

Any assistance on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Tim. 

3 Replies 3

Aman Soi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Tim,

I was refrring the  guide which says 

All session and endpoint statistics data older than one day are purged

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/net_mgmt/prime/collaboration/10-5/assurance/standard/guide/Cisco_Prime_Collaboration_Assurance_Guide_Standard_10_5/bk_assurance_standard_chapter_01010.html

regds,

aman

Hi Aman.

Thanks for that, could you please tell me the page number in the document which details this? Also, is there a way to manually purge on an ad-hoc basis?

It is mentioned on page 2.

I have attached the pdf.

regds,

aman

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: