cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PCD Migration Failing

mumbles202
Level 5
Level 5

I'm trying to migrate from a 10.5 Publisher to 14 SU2 using a PCD running 14.0.1.12900-89.  I was able to discover the old cluster, create the migration cluster and the migration task.  When I go to run the migration, it runs for a while and then errors out with the following 2 messages:

1 nodes(s) in Export task action ID #291 failed: NYCUCM01
Export jobe for node NYCUCM01 failed
Failed to create platformConfig.xml file for node 290_172.16.25.20.flp.Please check the afg library logs from PCD
Since DNS is not enabled, the host related fields can only contain IP addresses

If I log into the source Publisher and go into System --> Server, you see the ip listed.  If you go into System --> Cisco Unified CM you see CM_NYCUCM01.  I pulled the logs from the PCD from the cli but not seeing what the issue is in particular so I can resolve it.

3 Replies 3

Can you share the logs..

Response Signature

mumbles202
Level 5
Level 5

I think I was able to figure this out after looking in the afg logs. Had a hostname defined for smtp on old system but no dns servers; switched it to IP and the migration task completed normally.  

i have the same scenario now 10.5 with no dns/domain defined.  currenlty when i setup the migration cluster on PCD with new network settings, it is not allowing me to put in DNS/domain entry for the cluster. it is grayed out.  could it be because the old cluster has no dns?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: