cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Permissions set manually - is it possible to skip Perm.Wizard in CUICA?

michael.tanner
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

Because of the customers security policy it is not possible to get Domain Admin rights for me to run Permission Wizard on UNITY. All required permissions have been set by customers AD engineering. I was able to install UNITY software, but now CUICA still requests to run Permission Wizard first to proceed. Is there a way to skip this and proceed with the system configuration e.g. License, Service Configuration etc.?

Thanks,

Regards,

Mike

5 Replies 5

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi -

When I do the Unity installs, I always run the permissions wizard first, before even starting CUSPA. I have skipped this step before, but only after running PW, same for running DBWalker for upgrades. Since you did not do this yourself, I would use ADSIEdit and Exchange System Manager to validate the permissions that have been set by your AD Engineering. You want to make sure the Exchange permissions are set at the Organizational level (highest level of your Exchange organization), not at just the adminstrative group level. Same for any domains that will include Unity subscribers, the permissions need to be run at a domain level that includes any child domains. Don't forget to include inheritance, this must be enabled so the required permissions transmit all the way down thru your forest (domain trees).

Regards, Ginger

Hi Ginger,

Thanks for your reply. I'm pretty sure all the settings are correct. Because I have never run Permission Wizard, CUICA always tells me to run PW first, I suppose this is not because of missing rights, it's just because PW has never run and has not been marked completed. I can't continue with the configuration tasks, the PW screen allows "close" only.

Regards,

Mike

Cisco will not support the install of unity w/o running permission wizard. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Hi-

We are planning to migrate Unity to a new domain and I was looking for information when I saw that we'll need permitions at the Organization level. If I've understud ok, this means creating UnityAcounts at the forest highest level.

My question is : Is there another way to setup Exchange 2003 ? We will not be able to create acounts at the highest level. We will administer our 'child domain' where the exchange server will be (and all the mailboxes that unity needs) so we would be able to create any account in 'our' chile node but not at the highest level.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Aitor

Hin Lee
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can create the accounts in the child domain. It's better if you can use the enterprise administrator account to run permissions wizard for the accounts in child domain.