cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Point CUCM CSS to a second Unity Connection CSS

brown2wab
Level 1
Level 1

I have just configured users for a 2nd site in Unity Connection, using a separate Unity Connection partition and css.  CUCM is already integrated with the Primary site, but I'm trying to figure out how to point CUCM to the new Unity Connection partition and CSS.  I'm having a hard time finding instructions on how to do so.  Can anybody please help point me in the right direction?

versions 10.5 of CUCM and CUC

Bill

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You may not even need to do this depending on what you're trying to accomplish. For example, if you just need to partition a Directory Handler to only return a subset of the subscribers in search results you can just change the CSS assigned to that directory handler. Same story for a System Call Handler if you're allowing dial-by-extension during Caller Input.

If you actually need a separate voicemail pilot number to trigger the different CSS: Create new Direct and Forwarded Routing Rules on CUC that match against the Dialed Number of the new voicemail pilot. One of the many actions that you can configure is the Search Scope to apply to callers. One non-obvious bit: the match criteria for a Routing Rule uses AND logic; if you define multiple criteria they all must match.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

How many Unity Connection you have?
How many CUCM? It is a cluster?

Is this what you need? http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/white/paper/cu_multiplecluster.html

Rolando A. Valenzuela.

For this configuration, we have one cluster and one Unity Connection server.  We are trying to configure two sites with overlapping extensions on the Unity Connection server.  

Bill

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Have you integrated the new CUC server with CUCM (voicemail ports registered, voicemail pilot/profile created)? If not, take a look at this link - http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/10x/integration/guide/cucm_sccp/guide/cucintcucmskinny/cucintcucmskinny070.html

After the voicemail ports are registered and the VM pilot/profile are created, assign the new VM profile to the proper DNs in CUCM.

Brandon

I have the voicemail ports for the first site already configured.  When I try to configure ports for the 2nd site, I have no way of designating them in Unity Connection since they use the same Unity Connection server and naming convention.

Bill

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You may not even need to do this depending on what you're trying to accomplish. For example, if you just need to partition a Directory Handler to only return a subset of the subscribers in search results you can just change the CSS assigned to that directory handler. Same story for a System Call Handler if you're allowing dial-by-extension during Caller Input.

If you actually need a separate voicemail pilot number to trigger the different CSS: Create new Direct and Forwarded Routing Rules on CUC that match against the Dialed Number of the new voicemail pilot. One of the many actions that you can configure is the Search Scope to apply to callers. One non-obvious bit: the match criteria for a Routing Rule uses AND logic; if you define multiple criteria they all must match.

brown2wab
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you!  I believe the routing rules are the way I need to go.

Bill