Views
Helpful
Replies

Point to point Hybrid Cloud Calls

robofficer
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I want to know if you have two cloud registered video endpoints on the same campus, when they make the call does the media stay on net or does it go out then back ( trombone affect) ? We are trying to understand how the media is handled in this type of situation.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

AFAIk for cloud registered endpoints, when calling the media  will flow though the Cloud and not device to device.

Webex Calling Media Optimization with Interactive Connectivity Establishment (ICE)

Webex Calling Media Optimization ensures the best calling experience where possible. The media path is optimized between supported devices using Interactive Connectivity Establishment (ICE). Media optimization allows devices to send media directly to one another, which reduces latency and bandwidth usage.

https://help.webex.com/en-US/article/nt6eyxb/Webex-Calling-Media-Optimization-with-Interactive-Connectivity-Establishment-(ICE)

Response Signature

View solution in original post

Hi Nithin,

thank you for your reply. Just so that I am sure, this applies to video conferencing endpoints as well?

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

AFAIk for cloud registered endpoints, when calling the media  will flow though the Cloud and not device to device.

Webex Calling Media Optimization with Interactive Connectivity Establishment (ICE)

Webex Calling Media Optimization ensures the best calling experience where possible. The media path is optimized between supported devices using Interactive Connectivity Establishment (ICE). Media optimization allows devices to send media directly to one another, which reduces latency and bandwidth usage.

https://help.webex.com/en-US/article/nt6eyxb/Webex-Calling-Media-Optimization-with-Interactive-Connectivity-Establishment-(ICE)

Response Signature

Hi Nithin,

thank you for your reply. Just so that I am sure, this applies to video conferencing endpoints as well?

Yes it applies to VC endpoints too..

Response Signature