Views
Helpful
Replies

Prevent Callers From Skipping the Subscriber Greeting

diane.laterreur
Level 1
Level 1

I would like to know if this condition is normal :

- I checked the option : Prevent Callers From Skipping the Subscriber Greeting but I still programmed a "0" to get the reception. If I reech

the mailbox and the alternate greeting is activated, I cannot dial the '0' to reech the reception. With some other Messaging systems, the user cannot use the # to skip the greeting but they still be able to dial 0 to reech the reception.

I would like to specify that I tested my 0 and it is working properly for the standard greeting.

Thanks,

4 Replies 4

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

By selecting that option for the greeting it ignores all input during the greeting - even the 0.

You can configure the system to ignore all other keys other than 0 by mapping all of them to "ignore" and "locked" - map 0 to go to the operator - then if the user hits any key during any greeting for that call handler it will be ignored other than 0 which will take them to the operator.

You may find the "audio text applications in Unity" paper on the documents page of www.CiscoUnityTools.com helpful - it covers items like this among many other things about handlers and call flow...

Jeff:

Regarding your response above from last November, have any changes been made regarding this issue? I was waiting for the feature that would not allow callers to skip the alternate greeting however, there is no point in having my users record one if their clients can't zero out or dial another extension for assitance. This is not logical, especially since I am still allowing caller input and dial another extension during a greeting. Please advise.

Thanks,

Maggie

oreil
Level 1
Level 1

I have the same problem. While release 4.0.4 has an option not to allow callers to skip the alternate greeting they still need to be able to zero out or dial another extension - provided caller input is allowed. At the very least the caller should be able to do so at the end of the alternate greeting. Do you know of a fix?

This problem is still not resolved in Unity Connection 8.5, as identified above an this option should be only to prevent callers to skip the alternate greetings but they still need to be able to zero out or dial another extension.

Do we have to open a case to Cisco?

Thanks.

Sonia.