cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Prevent 'Logged out of Hunt Group' on 7900 series IP phones

jldieckmann
Level 1
Level 1

I have a CUCM configuration on 8.2, and have an issue with some 7925 wireless devices that are set up in a "call flow" along side a pair of 7945 devices.  If a call comes into either of those devices' extensions, after a set # of seconds of "no answer" "busy" condition, the call is set to move to a Hunt Pilot which then sends a broadcast out to a group of 6 7925 phones so those calls can be answered by staff.  However, I ran into a situation yesterday where all but 1 of those devices was powered off, and the 1 powered on was logged out of the Hunt Group.  As such, when calls came into either extension, it would ring 2-3 times and then the caller would get a busy tone.  After some troubleshooting, we determined that logging that 7925 back into the Hunt Group remedied the problem.

In the interim, I have created a custom SoftKey Template for these devices which removes 'HLog' as an option so they can't inadvertently log out of said Hunt Group, but I have to wonder: are there any conditions under which either the CUCM platform, OR the phone device itself would force a logoff from the Hunt Group WITHOUT user intervention?  If so, is there a way to prevent that from occurring?

3 Replies 3

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Josh,

This functionality was only added in CUCM 9.1

Automatically Logout Hunt Member on No Answer

Automatic  logout of hunt members was introduced for queuing-enabled hunt  pilots  in Unified Communications Manager  9.0(1). If an agent does not answer a  queuing-enabled hunt pilot call,  that agent will be logged off of the  hunt group and will not receive  additional hunt pilot calls unless he  presses the "HLOG" soft key on the  phone to log into the hunt pilot.  This behavior is not configurable in Unified Communications Manager  9.0(1). In Unified Communications Manager 9.1(1), the administrator can  choose whether hunt members remain logged in if the call is not  answered.

For more information, refer to "Automatically Logout Hunt Member on No Answer" in the Cisco Unified Communications Manager Administration Guide, and to "Call Queuing" in the Cisco Unified Communications Manager Features and Services Guide.

from;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/rel_notes/9_1_1/CUCM_BK_R6F8DBD4_00_release-notes-for-cucm-91_chapter_0100.html#CUCM_RF_CF356549_00

Have you thought about linking back to the first Hunt group if the members of Hunt#2 are unavalable

to give member 1 & 2 a second chance at taking the call? Just a thought

Cheers!

Rob

"A smile relieves a heart that grieves" 

- Stones

The curious thing is, if the 7925 units are logged into the Hunt Group and the broadcast works fine, the call continues to ring at the original phone - it's only when they are logged out that suddenly the call flow fails.  I'm not sure why.  In any event, here's how it's set up:

Call comes into extension 4223 or 4224, and both devices are set to ring for 14 seconds before a "call no answer" event or other non-answering event occurs.  They forward to Hunt Pilot 8004, which is a short Hunt List that includes 2 of the 7925 devices w/ internal-only extensions.  RNA Reversion Timeout on that is 180.  Then it forwards upon no answer to a second Hunt Pilot which includes all 6 of the 7925 devices to ring perpetually.  RNA Reversion Timeout on that is 180 also.  Based on that flow, should I just add the 2 original extensions in the secondary Hunt Pilot's Line Group?

The original idea is, when a call comes into the Nurse Station, if no one is at the desk to answer, the 1st 2 phones to get hit are the Charge Nurse and also the ER phone, in case everyone is down on the ER.  If no one takes that call, it blasts out to the other nursing staff on the floor so someone can take the call.  I'm just wondering if either or both of the Line Groups associated with the Hunt Pilot numbers should contain the original numbers just to make sure that the calls don't reach a dead end.  I didn't program the call flow, an outside vendor did that, and through reviewing it and troubleshooting various quirks and issues over the last 3 years, I'm finally starting to get a real grasp on what they have set up for us, so I'm hesitant to make too many changes until I have some direction, usually from Cisco or folks like yourself who are perhaps more well versed in CUCM than I am.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Josh,

Hospital set ups are tricky so I agree that you don't want to change

too much. I've always found it best to make one change (well documented)

at a time in these type of situations and then test and see how things are

affected. If the change does not accomplish what you desire then remove it

and try the next change (again well documented)

I might set up 4223 & 4224 (the 7945's I believe) in their own Line group

that can be referenced as a try next member try next group from the final

7925 6 member group as a first step.

Cheers!

Rob

"A smile relieves a heart that grieves" 

- Stones

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: