cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Prime Collaboration Assurance 10.6 root ssh login

Steve Boyd
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I am not able to login to PCA 10.6 using root over ssh I believe I have the password correct.  It just fails authentication.  I can ssh to admin fine and I can use the "root" command and then authenticate to the bash shell, but don't seem to have access to all the commands.  Any way to troubleshoot this or a little more insight would be great.

5 Replies 5

Hi ,

are you unable to log into PCA as 'root' ussing SSH (port 26)?

Regards.

[+5] to Vlad and Lukic for sharing info.

regds,

aman

Vlad Vlaicu
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Stephen,

As per release notes, starting with PCA 10.6, root access has been disabled by default as security measure. This is intended for TAC and can be enabled if troubleshooting in the root shell is required.

========== NMS Team Krakow, Poland Cisco TAC

hello Vlad,

you are right, that the root account is disabled by default, but u can still activate it. 

login to your server (PCA) with admin > press "?" and you would be able to see a list of applications & Co. you would also see "root" and "root_enabled". > type: root_enabled and you would be asked to write a password, and confirm your passwort > root account is activated. 

Igor Lukic
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi Stephen,

root access to the CLI has been disabled (for security reasons) in Prime Collaboration Assurance 10.6.

This Information can be found here (look for the heading 'General'):

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/net_mgmt/prime/collaboration/10-6/assurance/advanced/guide/Cisco_Prime_Collaboration_Assurance_Guide_Advanced_10_6/Cisco_Prime_Collaboration_Assurance_Guide_Advanced_10_6_chapter_01.html#concept_8004BC83C1C34B81A6...

There is a hidden page that you can use for viewing logs, etc.:

https://<FQDN or IP-Address of Prime>/emsam/index.html#pageId=com_cisco_emsam_page_diag_links

Best regards

Igor