Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PRISpansInService in RTMT under Cisco MGCP Gateway

I was under the impression that this counter is for the avaible channels on a particular PRI or trunk group. Whenever I used this counter in the RTMT and set the threshold for -1 it fails to give me a alert. Maybe i do not know the basic definition of span and looking at this based on an old way of thinking but could someone tell me how this counter is supposed to work?

8 Replies 8

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Derek,

With PRI's, the "Span" is the definition of the "whole" 23B + 1D channels. You would need

to look at using;

PRIChannelsActive

This counter represents the number of PRI voice channels that are currently active in a call in the gateway.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/service/7_1_2/rtmt/rtpmcm.html#wp1012748

Cheers!

Rob

"Always movin' ahead and never lookin' back" - Springsteen

Thanks Rob. I found other counters to actually give me what I need, but it bothers me that either I do not understand the definition of this counter or that it doesn't work at all.

So a Span being a whole 23B + 1D, when transitioning to TEI assigned, then it should send an alert. I assigned the threshold as under 1 for this particular PRI and then during a window, I shut the controller down. No alarm. I then brought the controller back up and then just shut the pri D channel. No alarm. So either this counter means something else or it doesn't work.

Any ideas?

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Derek,

That is interesting.

Did you set up a custom alert? Are you monotoring the node that the gateway is actually registered to?

We use this one;

DatalinkInService

This counter represents the state of the Data Link (D-Channel) on the  corresponding digital access gateway. This value will be set to 1 (one)  if the Data Link is up (in service) or 0 (zero) if the Data Link is down  (out of service).

Cheers!

Rob

Yes it is a custom alert. I cannot get it to trigger at all. I switched to DatalinkinService and that works fine. Like I said though it is painfull to walk away from something that either I am misunderstanding the definition or it just doesn't work. But you read it the same way then right? Setting the threshold to under 1 and taking the controller down should send an alarm.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Derek,

I do read it the exact same way Maybe it's a bug. What version of CUCM and

RTMT?

Cheers!

Rob

PS: I like your persistence!

CUCM 7.1.3 and RTMT 8.1.  I know I know your going to say upgrade.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hey Derek,

No upgrade talk here .....we run 7.1(3b)su2 ...hahahaha

Let me do a bug scrub.

Cheers!

Rob

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Derek,

I had a look for bugs related to this issue and came up empty (sorry )

I also had a talk with one of my peers and he says that he had an issue with

PRIspansinservice - alerts as well and just went with the datalinkinservice parameter

instead.

Sorry I couldn't come up with an exact answer here.

Cheers!

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: