Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem Installing ViewMail 8.5

bret.wuelfing
Level 1
Level 1

I have recently installed Unity Connection v8.5 for Single-Inbox

, and using Secured Messages.  When a voicemail is left, only a decoy message is sent to the

End-Users' Outlook Inbox.  I need to install VMO 8.5

(6) to enable the End-User to Listen to the Message (to be played from Connection

).

Early in the process of Launching the VMO Add-In for Outlook, once I enter the User Information, I then click on the "Test" button and get the following message:

"Voicemail Server Returns Error:  Contact System Administrator"

So, any ideas???

Thanks!

5 Replies 5

Bradford Magnani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Bret,

I would enable the VMO client diagnostics and repro the problem and take a look at what they're indicating.

Brad

Hi Brad,

Not familiar with VMO Client Diag's...   Can you give me some detail for enabling it?   I will continue to look as well.

Thanks!

-Bret

Bret, they're enabled in Outlook.  Check the box to enable the diagnostics.  Repro, then click "Email Log Files" and it'll gather them automatically and you can crack them open and take a look.

Hope that helps,

Brad

Hi Brad,

Just got it corrected.  A little embarrassing - but here's the deal.

VMO during install wants user credentials.  The password it wants is the Web App password.  This was all correct, but there was a checkbox in Password Setting for the "Web" that wanted the user to "Change Password upon login".    THAT WAS MY PROBLEM.

How I ended up finding that, a co-worker suggested to log into the Web Inbox for that user (/ciscopca).  And upon entering the password - it immediately notified me that it wanted me to change the password to login...   (a-HA!).

The VMO gave me no such "warning"...

So I went in and unchecked that checkbox for "change password"...

Re-launched VMO install - and all was good.

Thanks for your Time!!!

Regards,

-Bret

Great!  Glad you were able to track it down

Brad