cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem with uc-locale-en_GB-8.6.2.1-12.cop selection on unity connection cluster

williamsmj7
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

Hopefully someone can help me out. I'm trying to install uc-locale-en_GB-8.6.2.1-12.cop on our unity connection cluster which is running 8.6.2.20000-2. The cop files successfully installs and I've rebooted the both servers but I cannot select the language anywhere in unity connection administration.

I suspect this is because I'm running 8.6(2a) from the cisco site and not Unity Connection 8.6(2) Engineering Special 12 as per the release notes for Unity Connection 8.6(2a). Are Cisco likely to release language packs for version 8.6(2a)? Otherwise I guess I'm going to have to try and raise a TAC call and get access to the engineering special so I can gain the british langauge back again.

For reference :-

admin:show version active

Active Master Version: 8.6.2.20000-2

Active Version Installed Software Options:

uc-locale-en_GB-8.6.2.1-12.cop

ciscocm.refresh_upgrade_v1.1.cop

cm-locale-en_GB-8.6.2.1000-1.cop

Thanks,

Mike

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

colins
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

Please see the response from Cisco TAC below

"The reason you are still not able to select GB as the default language is because Connection 8.6.2 version of languages other than ENU are released but these locales work with Connection 8.6(2) Engineering Special 12 version.

Supported Document-->

Installing Additional Cisco Unity Connection Languages
http://tools.cisco.com/squish/2037E

Your current version is 8.6(2a) and therefore, you will have to install ES12 to get the locales compatible with CUC version. Please let me know your CCO ID and I will publish ES12 for you as it is not available on CCO yet."

Regards

Colin

View solution in original post

20 Replies 20

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Mike,

I'm not sure about the versioning, but  am curious if you followed these steps;

To Install Connection 8.x Language Files from a Disc

Step 1 Stop the Connection Conversation Manager and Connection Mixer services:

a. Start Cisco Unity Connection Serviceability.

b. From the Tools menu, select Service Management.

c. Under Critical Services, in the Connection Conversation Manager row, select Stop.

d. Wait for the service to stop.

e. Also under Critical Services, in the Connection Mixer row, select Stop.

f. Wait for the service to stop.

Step 2 Insert the Languages disc in the disc drive.

Step 3 Sign in to Cisco Unified Operating System Administration.

Step 4 From the Software Upgrades menu, select Install/Upgrade. The Software Installation/Upgrade window appears.

Step 5 In the Source list, select DVD/CD.

Step 6 In the Directory field, enter the path to the folder that contains the language file on the CD or DVD.

If the language file is in the root folder or if you created an ISO image DVD, enter a slash (/) in the Directory field.

Step 7 To continue the language installation process, select Next.

Step 8 Select the language that you want to install, and select Next.

Step 9 Monitor the progress of the download.

Step 10 If you want to install another language: Select Install Another, and repeat Step 4 through Step 9.

If you are finished installing languages: Restart services:

a. Start Cisco Unity Connection Serviceability.

b. From the Tools menu, select Service Management.

c. Under Critical Services, in the Connection Conversation Manager row, select Start.

d. Wait for the service to start.

e. Also under Critical Services, in the Connection Mixer row, select Start.

f. Wait for the service to start.

g. If you installed Japanese: Run the CLI command utils service restart Cisco Tomcat to restart the Tomcat service.

Note Make sure that the multilingual .cop files are installed on the exact specific CUC build that they were created for. Applying incorrect .cop files for your specific version results in an unexpected behavior of the user conversations.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/8x/upgrade/guide/8xcucrug027.html#wp1054157

Cheers!

Rob

Hi Rob,

I did follow that procedure and also restart the servers after installing the language pack. I also tried using the CLI to delete the locale and then added it again as above with a restart just for good measure.

Still no luck though :-(

Thanks,

Mike

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Mike,

Bummer!

I just wasn't sure if you had shut down the Connection Conversation Manager and Connection Mixer services

before starting. I guess you are right.....time for TAC. Seeing that 8.6.(2) is deferred the 8.6(2a) locales

should be available I would think.

Sorry I couldn't have been more help here

Cheers!

Rob

PS: please let us know how you make out.

Thanks Rob. I'll write an email to our supplier as heaven forbid an end user talk to Cisco directly in the UK. I'll let you know how I get on.

Rob,

Where do you see that 8.6.2 is deferred?  8.6.2 Connection is still downloadable, no mention of an ES.  But, the locales have definitely changed.  I downloaded just prior to 1/17/12 and had no issue.  My locales are version and did not require ES12, so something happened as they are not visible anymore, but there is no deferral note, either.  Do you know something?  I happen to have a failed cluster with UK English right now, so may be a clue.

Stephanie

colins
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Mike,

We have exactly the same problem with CUCM Business Edition 5000. I might log a call with TAC tomorrow unless someone can come up with the solution before then. If I get a solution from TAC I will post it up here.

Cheers

Colin

Hi,

I meet the same issue with FR locale and using CUC version 8.6.2.20000-2.

Does somebody know what version is Unity Connection 8.6.2 ES 12 because we can download only 8.6.2 or 8.6.2(a)?

Thank you

colins
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have logged a TAC case with Cisco regarding this. I will post the results here as soon as I get them.

Colin

colins
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

Please see the response from Cisco TAC below

"The reason you are still not able to select GB as the default language is because Connection 8.6.2 version of languages other than ENU are released but these locales work with Connection 8.6(2) Engineering Special 12 version.

Supported Document-->

Installing Additional Cisco Unity Connection Languages
http://tools.cisco.com/squish/2037E

Your current version is 8.6(2a) and therefore, you will have to install ES12 to get the locales compatible with CUC version. Please let me know your CCO ID and I will publish ES12 for you as it is not available on CCO yet."

Regards

Colin

Cisco have also responded saying that we need to upgrade the ES12 as above. I've scheduled a change for the 11th of Feb to upgrade and try the locales. If Anyone trys it before please tell me how you get on!

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hey Colin & Mike,

Thanks for posting back with your updates to this good thread +5 each

This type of follow-up really helps others here @ CSC!

Cheers!

Rob

colins
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Mike,

Just installed the ES 12 Upgrade and installed the locale file. Everything now working fine and back to UK English on Unity Connection. Hope your upgrade goes OK.

All the best

Colin

Hi Colin

Good news and thanks for the feedback. I've been postponing upgrades from 8.6(1) for this reason.

I do understand that locales take time to put together but I wish someone at Cisco would realise that this stuff is really important to us poor souls that live and work outside of the US - this release has been hugely painful and it's a tough sell to customers who spend huge amounts of money on maintenance to tell them we can't upgrade as the locales aren't available / don't work.

Now if only someone in the Speech Connect / voice enabled directory handler team would finally realise that locales would be really nice too. I've only been waiting getting on 3 years for these......

Barry

Hi Barry,

I would agree. I don't know why on this occasion Cisco released the locale files for an engineering special without the ES12 software being generally available for download. I cannot see the locale file being significantly different between 8.6(2a) and the ES12, so it would have made sense to release for both. At least customers would be able to have a fully functioning system for 8.6(2a) and could get ES12 if required for bug fixes. The software should really be released as a complete package. I will make sure that in future, I don't apply any software upgrades until all the files are available.

Good Luck

Colin

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: