cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Provisioning Manager 9 and Owner User ID

Daniel Gray
Level 1
Level 1

I am using provisioning manager 9.0BE and whenever I create a phone for a user, the Owner User ID field is not populated on the newly created device.

Ihave tried filling out the owner user ID field with the following variable ${USERID} under the default device settings for a specific usage profile; however, the owner user ID field remians blank after provisioning a device.

This is creating licensing issues because we have CUWL licenses and each device is taking up a license.  This does not allow users to have mutiple devices.  Provisioning a phone is now a multistep process because now I have to also login to CUCM and update the owner user ID field on newly created devices.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Danny

1 Reply 1

Anthony Gerbic
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The setting of owner User ID was not handled in any version of UPM, enterprise or BE6000. This was corrected in PC Provisioning (PCP) 10.0 during our joint development project with the CUCM development team.  Owner User ID is now automatically managed, or can be overridden to different settings/userIDs through our new Service Template function.  You can upgrade to PCP though PUT using your BE6000 UCSS contract.  PCP is the mangement direction forward for the BE6000.

Regards